Chapter 1: The Apocolypse begins...

Just a warning for minor spoilers and language. I tried my best to tone it down though for you guys.
———————-

A motive, a single motive is all it took for it to get out of hand. Even Monokuma hadn't expected it to turn out like this. But in the end, he did nothing at all to help the matter.

"This just got a whole lot more interesting!" Are the exact words which came out of-of his mouth.

Interesting.

Interesting was one word for it. The killing game had certainly changed. Everyone's lives were still on the line, however... Zombies were never the problem beforehand.

Maybe zombie wasn't the right word. In truth, it was more like a disease with spread with intimate contact, that's what Shuichi had concluded. Whether it was biting, scratching, kissing, all left the same results.

The victim's eyes would become eerily cloudy as if it were a foggy morning. Their nails and teeth would grow considerably longer. Attitude towards the uninfected would be extremely violent.

Shuichi still hadn't worked out if they craved for blood and meat like a normal vampire would. This is because there had only been one victim which had fallen so far. Angie.

This occurred right when the disease started, right when everyone was caught off guard. It really could have been anyone, it was just unfortunate that it had to be Angie.

The remaining 9 of them there at the time were lucky they had quick thinkers in the group. After the incident, they had all rushed for cover. Led by Kaito, they had reached the dining room.

As soon as they got there, Shuichi, Kaito, Tenko and Kiibo and pulled up various chairs and tables to barricade the doors with. At the time, everyone was too preoccupied with the fear of the situation to remember their classmates who weren't present.

The second trial had recently ended, leaving only 12 people left in the killing game. With Angie no longer with them, it left 11.

The last two who were absent were Kokichi and Gonta. They were most likely together too. Shuichi had noticed that both of them had begun growing some sort of friendship between them. A healthy friendship? Well, that was still not clear. However, Shuichi was glad Kokichi wasn't distancing himself from absolutely everyone anymore.

The fact that Gonta was alone with Kokichi was still worrying... The small leader had always known something everyone else didn't, that seemed obvious. He was always distant from everyone, well, besides Gonta. He and Rantaro were friends, however, this didn't last very long. Kaede didn't like him too much, nor does Kiibo. Shuichi could go on and on about who didn't like him, but that wouldn't get him anywhere.

The real problem is where they could be. After all, they might both be in different places.

"Listen up!" Kaito had already taken his place as leader of the group. "Gonta and Kokichi are both missing. I'm saying that we need to organise a search party to go find them."

"Nyeh... I get that we should look for Gonta, but Kokichi...." Himiko drifted off. She was still in shock from what had happened, especially to Angie. Although the two hadn't yet grown that close, she was still apparently devastated.

"Yeah! Out of all of us, that degenerate is most likely to be the mastermind!" Tenko shouted from next to her.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. But Kokichi was still dragged into this like the rest of us. As much as he's a nuisance, we still must make an effort to find him." Kaito replied while sounding reluctant.

"Kaito's right. We still have no evidence that Kokichi is the mastermind. He may act suspicious, however that could just be a lie." Shuichi added.

"Yeah, that stupid turd is nowhere near smart enough to be the mastermind." Mui agreed.

The group eventually agreed with making two separate search parties. One group consisted of Tenko, Kiibo and Shinguji. The other was Shuichi, Kaito and Maki.

"Hey." Kaito glanced at Maki who had managed to find the cutlery draws. "Are you sure you want to some too? I mean, Shuichi and I should be fine and I don't want you to get hurt out there.

Maki sent him a glare and she retrieved a sharp kitchen knife. "I'm perfectly capable of handling myself."

Shuichi was surprised that an Ultimate Child Carer would be happy to help with something like this; then again, he was a detective.

"We should allocate areas each team will search. I say we look in the dorms, library and gym." Shuichi suggested as he surveyed the area for some sort of weapon.

"Good idea!" Kaito gave him a massive grin.

Eventually, Shuichi found himself a frying pan, which should be a good enough item to protect himself. Kaito on the other hand, had found himself a fire extinguisher, which he equipped onto his back.

Himiko, Miu and Shirogane decided to stay behind. Himiko and Shirogane had started on building some sort of shrine, probably for Angie. Meanwhile, Miu was occupied with making something in the corner of the cafeteria.

"Um Miu?" Kiibo spoke up, "mind I ask what is it that you are building?"

Miu glanced up with a grunt. "What do you think, you virg?! Obviously, I'm trying to create something that will knock those crap-eating zombies all the way back to wherever they came from!!"

Shuichi turned back to the exit. All had gone quiet.

"This is our chance guys." Kaito spoke up. "It's now or never."