Chapter 17: Aftermath

Previously:

WHO IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU?

"That's enough." He whispered. "No more games Monokuma. You got your sacrifice, now let me through." He sauntered up to the monitor and swung his bat once, crushing the screen completely.

Next, he moved towards the 'Death Road to Despair' which was currently shut off. He struck the shutters, once, twice, denting it slightly. He focused on the same spot near the bottom of the shutter, eventually denting it enough to create a  small gap.

He managed to squeeze past after a couple of attempts and bashing the shutter to dent it to create a larger gap. Part of him feared that he would possibly have to complete the 'Death Road' by himself, something he didn't have the right equipment for right now.

Those fears vanished once he saw the white bag in front of him. He picked it up, turning it over. There was a large green cross on it which meant it could only mean one thing. This must be it. The antidote.

-~-

Kokichi did honestly expect something a little more obvious, yet was still grateful he didn't have to pass Death Road. He expected that the timer would have stopped by now, but right now he had no way of checking. The monitor was destroyed, along with the walkie talkie Tenko had on her.

He managed to slip back into the room he was previously in; surely Kaito and Maki would make their appearance soon. They probably got caught in some sort of trouble, to be this late. Kokichi wasn't at all concerned, considering the assassin was on their side.

He sides down the side the wall onto the floor as he the waited, gazing across the room to see the scraps of monitor and flesh with littered the floor. The place was a mess. The smell was still lingering in the air; the scent of rotten flesh and burning hair. All Kokichi could do was grimace at the scene before turning back down to look at himself.

He looked a mess. His previously white outfit had been scuffed, some of the edged frayed and torn. Pink blood was splattered up his sleeved and on his trouser legs. His own weapon looked like something you would pick up in a slaughterhouse, the thing was drenched in the blood of the creatures he'd killed.

Kokichi looked towards the medicine which he gripped in his hands. This would hopefully make Shuichi feel better again so he can help sort this mess out. He wouldn't think Monokuma would be sly enough to give them a placebo, that wouldn't be interesting after all.

Kokichi was thrown from his thoughts when he heard the screeching of metal which came from above him, more specifically, the manhole.

"Hey Tenko, Kokichi! You guys down here?" The rough voice of Kaito echoed through the walls. "Maki-roll, you need a hand with that? It was really heavy last ti-"

"I'm fine." Maki smoothly replied. There was a sharp bang, and light filtered into the large tunnel soon after. Apparently, the assassin girl had removed the manhole cover all by herself. Then sounded a strange spluttering sound which Kokichi had already predicted had come from the Astroboy.

"Hellooo??" Kaito began once he had regained himself, descending down the ladder without even checking what the tunnel even looked like inside. Typical. "Anyone in here??"

It wasn't long until Kaito caught on to Kokichi's scrawny and raggedy figure leaning against the wall.

"Woah-" The surprised expression on the astronaut's face almost made Kokichi laugh out loud. "What happened to you?! Is Tenko here too?"

"Yup," Kokichi replied, his tone eerily monotonous and gaze fixing on both Kaito and Maki as they finally reached the end of the ladder. "She's right there." He pointed over to the wreckage some distance away from him, where clumps of meat lay and splatters of blood tainted the ground.