Chapter 14: The Odd Duo

(What do you think of these⬆️?? They'll be for sale  January 2020 for around $90USD each so y'all be emptying your pockets if you want one... They are just the prototypes so I bet the real ones are going to look even more amazing~)
-~-
Kokichi and Tenko partner up to form an unlikely duo and the ultimate hunt for Shuichi's medicine begins...

There was an unsettled atmosphere in the base that morning as Kokichi, Kaito, Maki and Tenko prepared themselves for their challenge.

Miu presented each one of them with an anti-zombie weapon.

"Listen up rejects!" She bellowed, standing up onto her seat. "Feel blessed that a prodigy like me made you virgins these. I'm not just a pretty face you know!"

"What are they?" A voice questioned her, and she replied with a loud snort.

"Are you thick? They're only the latest invention of the beautiful girl genius Miu Iruma! Each one of these suckers is equipped to quickly and completely immobilize any zombie you come across!"

Each weapon was bright pink in colour, occasionally with sections of turquoise, and each possessed a blue logo of a bear. Kaito was given a large shotgun which looked good for long-range, however useless for close combat.

Maki was given a sword but she ended up sticking with her kitchen knife as her main weapon, however, she had made sure it was properly sharpened beforehand. Kokichi had also caught her hide various other sharp gizmos under her skirt and in her sleeves.

Tenko had insisted that she didn't need a weapon, that she was powerful enough without one. Nobody fully believed her.

"Are you sure?" Kaito asked her uncertainly.

"Nothing can defeat Neo-Aikido!" Was her only reply.

Finally came the weapon given to Kokichi. Three bright pink anti-zombie grenades which had been strapped securely onto a belt. Kaito has immediately taken one of the grenades for him and Maki in case of 'emergencies'.

They had decided to split into two groups of two since they were against the clock. Even though sticking in a group of four might be the safer option, it was a gamble and one which they couldn't afford to take.

Kaito and Maki paired together which Kokichi was thankful for. Frankly, he wouldn't know what would kill him first, the zombies or Maki. Kaito would never have the balls to actually kill him, but oh boy was his optimistic and trusting attitude irritating.

So Kokichi had paired up with Tenko, an unusual duo he must add. The girl was at pleased at all at first and begged to be paired up with Maki. It wasn't until Maki's true Ultimate talent as an assassin was revealed that she changed her mind.

"Degenerate males..." Kokichi heard her quietly huff from where he was standing. "It's about time they all just die off..."

The group was lucky to have access to quite a lot of food in the kitchen, although it didn't mean they didn't have to ration. Himiko was constantly complaining about her empty stomach, while a Tenko took pity on her and gave her her own rations. However, the four who were about the leave were given just a bit extra this time. It was nothing special really. Nobody there was exactly a great cook now that Kirumi was no longer around...

Preparations were all set. The four Ultimates had gathered their weapons and eaten and judging by Shuichi's current appearance, it was time to go.

"Shuichi's temperature is really high..." Tsumugi sighed. "I think it's time you guys should get going..."

"WAIT!" Miu loudly protested as the four of them began moving pieces of the barricade away from the door. "Before you, abortions leave; I have one more thing to give you."