Chapter 7 - The Forest

The tops of tall pine trees gently shake and wave in the calm, cold wind. Down at the base of a tree stands Koji Koda, attempting to communicate with a squirrel.

Koda: "Um, excuse me, could you lead me to the nearest water source please?"

The squirrel squeaks and runs along a few branches down to the ground. Koda follows the squirrel through a couple of bushes and down to a river with lots of fresh water. He makes note of where it is and thanks the squirrel for his help, handing him an acorn he had found earlier. The squirrel happily takes the acorn and runs back to its tree. He takes out a couple of buckets to fill them with water. After filling the two up, he walks back to where Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, Jirou, and Aoyama are.

Yaoyorozu: "Hey, you found water! Good job Koda, I hope those buckets I made proved useful.

Koda sets the buckets down and nods almost as if to say "you're welcome".

They have set up a camp similar to that of Deku's group, however Yaoyorozu created a large tent for everyone to sleep in. She eats a couple of berries to replenish her lipid supply.

Above, the sun shines down on them as it is around noon. Aoyama uses some of the water to wash his face, as he does not like having his face be so dirty and unsanitary.

Kaminari: "Hey! We need to drink that too you know!"

Aoyama: "Oh, I was going to use all of it, I have to stay chic!"

A smile falls upon Momo's face. It quickly fades and she looks down at the ground. Kyoka notices the sudden frown and asks her about it.

Jirou: "What's with the frown?"

Yaoyorozu: "Oh, it's nothing. It's just, I worry for the others. I hope they're all alright, I mean one minute we're having fun at the lake and yelling at Mineta for being a perv, then the next we're out here in the wilderness."

Kaminari: "Yeah, I felt that way too. But we have to keep going."

Jirou: "He's right, we'll get through this. I'm sure the others will too, Yaoyorozu."

They both pat Momo on the back and she smiles again.

Yaoyorozu: "Yeah, you're right. Thanks guys."

Kaminari: "Hey, it's what we're here for!"

Yaoyorozu: "Back to our shelter, we should probably gather wood so we can have a fire later tonight."

Kaminari: "I can go get some!"

Jirou: "I'll go with you."

Kaminari: "Alright, let's go!"

Momo waves goodbye to the two as they walk into the forest to find some wood.

Kaminari: "So, why did you want to come with me?"

Jirou: "I'm pretty bored, plus I thought you could use a hand."

Kaminari: "Oh, okay, my arms are a little sore anyway. All this survival stuff has me exhausted."

Jirou: "We've only been here for a few hours, Kaminari."

Kaminari: "Well, it feels way longer. Let me take a break real quick."

Kaminari stops and puts his hands on his thighs and catches his breath. Jirou leans against a tree and waits for him to catch his breath, but as she does so, she can hear the sound of wood creaking. She looks behind Kaminari, and a huge pine tree is about to fall directly on top of him.

Jirou: "Kaminari move!"

Kaminari: "Huh?"

Jirou runs forward and tackles Kaminari, embracing him as they fall. The tree falls, barely missing them both. They both exchange looks for a moment, their faces close enough that they can feel each other's warmth. They both blush, and Jirou moves off of Kaminari.

Kaminari: "Thanks Kyoka, I didn't even know that tree was coming.."

Jirou: "It's nothing."

She twirls her coils for a second and they both sit next to each other, taking a few seconds to calm down after what had just happened. They both stand up and look at each other.

Kaminari: "We should probably take some wood from that tree.."

Jirou: "Yeah, I'll take some."

Together, they pick up some logs of wood and bring it back to the camp. Both of them couldn't stop thinking about each other, and what had happened. There was no question that there were some feelings they both shared for each other.

Yaoyorozu: "Hey, you're back. What happened? it sounded like something fell."

Kaminari: "Yeah, this big tree was about to fall on me, but Jirou pulled me out of the way just in time."

Jirou: "Yeah, something like that," Jirou says as she twirls her earphone cords.

Yaoyorozu: "Oh, well I'm glad you're alright."

Kaminari and Jirou sit opposite of each other on the ground. Kaminari looks at Jirou, and Jirou looks back at him. After a while of staring, Jirou smiles. Kaminari sees this, and he smiles back at Jirou.