Chapter 11 - Leaving The Forest

Back at the forest, Yaoyorozu creates new clothing for everyone since their previous outfits had been cut up so badly from the time they've spent there. In privacy they all change into their new clothes, more adapted to the environment. The clothes are long-sleeved sweatshirts and pants. They all gather together and compliment and thank Yaoyorozu.

Jirou: "Thanks Momo, these sweaters are really comfortable."

Kaminari: "Yeah, it's like I'm being hugged by some giant fuzzy dog!"

Yaoyorozu: "Aw thanks, and that's..really specific Kaminari!"

They laugh and sit down around the fire to decide what to do now.

Yaoyorozu: "Okay, we need a plan of action. We could spread out and try to look for something that could tell us where we are, but we could get lost. We also don't know how big this place is."

Kaminari: "I know! Let's all move together as a group and follow the river. Sooner or later there's going to be an ocean or lake or something that it leads into, right?"

Jirou: "Yeah, that could work."

Yaoyorozu: "Great idea, Kaminari. We should probably get going now, before it gets dark."

They all nod in agreement and follow the small river downstream. Oddly-shaped trees line the riverbed and they all look around. Yaoyorozu leads in the front, followed by Jirou and Kaminari, then Koda and Aoyama.

Kaminari: "So Jirou, what were your plans for the summer?"

Jirou: "I was planning on spending time with my mom and dad at home and probably practice the guitar. How about you?"

Kaminari: "Oh, not much, I was probably going to do the same with my family as well, hang out with Kirishima, the usual."

Just then, Yaoyorozu stops.

Jirou: "What's wrong Momo?"

Yaoyorozu: "The river just ends."

Everyone looks, and a giant stone mountain blocks the river. Everyone inspects the mountain closely.

Kaminari: "What the heck? Why is there just a mountain in the middle of nowhere?"

Aoyama: "I'm pretty sure every mountain is in the middle of nowhere."

Yaoyorozu comes across a familiar sight on the side of the mountain.

Yaoyorozu: "Jirou, look!"

Jirou walks over to Yaoyorozu and looks at what she's pointing to. There is a small hole that resembles that of an earphone jack.

Jirou: "That's odd, let me hear what it sounds like.."

Jirou's earphone cords extend out and she plugs herself into the jack. She puts her hands on the mountain and listens. Everyone gathers around Jirou as she closes her eyes. She then takes her jack out and opens her eyes.

Kaminari: "What did it say?"

Jirou: "It said 'the place to gather is here, so wait for your friends to appear, shine a beam to the stratosphere, to let them know that you are near."

Yaoyorozu: "Shine a beam?"

Kaminari: "Do they mean like Aoyama's beam?"

Aoyama: "Huh?"

Yaoyorozu: "That's it! Aoyama, shine your beam to the sky!"

Aoyama: "Oh, uh, alright.."

Aoyama lays down and points his bellybutton up to the sky, shining his recognizable beam up miles into the sky.

Kaminari sits down and leans against the mountain.

Kaminari: "I guess now we wait."

Jirou looks up to the beam shining high. She sits down beside Kaminari.

Jirou: "Yeah, I guess we will."