Pretending To Live(Liam Payne/ One Direction fanfic)

Please give me feedback. Here's the first chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran past the local diner, the movie theater, the mall, and the ice cream shop. I just ran and ran even though my aching body was screaming for me to stop. Tears mixed with blood and saliva were running down my cheeks, both my hair was a mess and so was my face, I just knew it was. My shirt was ripped making my bra visible, what was left of my shirt was stained with blood.

I did nothing this time except ask her a question while she was on the phone and a drink in her hand. I stopped running and hid behind a parked van, I just cried my eyes out as I hugged my knees.

I hate my life and my family, no one would know what I'm going through except a victim themselves, it's so hard. You don't know what to do, what's right or wrong in their eyes because they don't really care, your pain is their gain; my pain has always been their gain.

My name is Sarah Watson, I'm 18 years old and I've been a victim my whole life. My mom and dad use me as a punching bag when they are either upset, happy, drunk, bored, or for the hell of hearing me scream in pain. I sometimes wonder what I did to them, but all they ever tell me is that I'm the mistake that ruined their life. My younger brother, Alex is also abused, less than me because I take his beatings for him. Alex is only 9 years old. I definitely want him to have a better life than me; there is still hope for him, but he is already scarred and that doesn't go away easily.

I got up on all fours to look at my reflection on the side of the van. My left eye was bleeding, meaning the black eye I already have is going to darken. I have a few scratches on my face and neck with blood still oozing out. There was blood in my hair. My lip was swollen and bleeding, it was just a mess. And let's not mention the big bloody gash on my forehead. I sighed and sat back down, my legs still hurting. I close my eyes as tears continued to flow, praying that this would stop.

There's always that one dream that always seems real or you wish it was your life, well I was in the middle of one when I felt someone touching me. My first and only response is to always flinch, move away, and open my eyes, so when I did, One Direction was surrounding me in the pouring rain. I moved more into the van, but it was impossible because they were so close and there wasn't that much space left. I kept my gaze down.

Liam squat down in front of me"umm...hi, do you need to be taken to the hospital?" his hand was about to touch my cheek, but retreated once he saw how scared I was"don't worry, we're not gonna hurt you." I built up the courage to look up and I met his beautiful brown eyes.

I tried to get up and instantly, they all rushed to help me, gently and slowly. Zayn and Niall supported my weight and I sent them a thankful nod"thank you" I whispered. If it wasn't for them, I would've been on the floor.

Louis stepped up next to Liam"you're badly injured, we need to take you to get help." I shook my head no. "what's your name?"

I looked him in the eyes"my name is Sarah." I choked out as my voice shook and my eyes averted from Louis to Liam's. There was something in his eyes that I've never noticed before if I looked into someone's eyes, it was different.

Paul looked at me from head to toe"we should call your family once we get you to the hospital."

"NO" I shouted. I moved my damp hair to the side as I slowly moved out of their grips"please don't, don't take me to hospital. Please, I'm begging you, please, I don't want him to find out."

I didn't wait for them to answer as I made a run for it but I barely made it halfway through when my head started to spin and I saw dots everywhere. Without my consent, my eyes closed and my body shut down.