Chapter 19

Tala woke up disoriented. After a few seconds she realized she was at the hospital.

            “Hey..” Jake gently stroked her face.

            “What happened?” she asked.

         “You passed out” he answered. She sat up. “Don’t you remember anything?” he asked. She tried to recall what happened.

            “You were going to propose! You idiot! Why did you do that? Are you out of your mind?” she started pounding his chest.

            “Tala” he stopped her.

            “You don’t propose to somebody who’s dying! You have no future with me” she cried. She was upset. If the circumstance were different it would be perfect. He proposed where they first met.

            “Tala…” he was speechless so he just hugged her.

            “What were you thinking?” she furiously asked as she continued to cry.

            “Tala, all I know is that I want to be with you” he sighed.

            “I want to be with you too but we don’t have that much time” she cried.

            “Don’t say that” his eyes were teary.

            “Did you call my parents?” she asked to change the topic.

            “Yes” he answered.

            “Do they know you were proposing today?” she asked.

            “Yes. I had to ask permission from your dad” he replied.

            “Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked.

            “That I was going to propose?” he asked.

            “Yes” she answered.

            “Then it wouldn’t be a surprise” he laughed.

            “Why didn’t you give me a hint or something?” she asked.