|Coronation|

•CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX•

My chest felt like it caved with the sorrowful look on his face, the blue in his eyes turning into dark oceans.

"What?"

I ask breathlessly, stunned to the point of silence.

He runs a hand down his face, sighing. "We're supposed to be made for each other. As the Greeks wrote about us...they believed it was I who kidnapped her and forced her to be with me. To marry me." He must've seen the disturbed look on my face and he shook his head, nearing me. "No, none of it happened. They hated me, remember? They toyed with me. Those who saw me as useless. They used my name in stories. But she did go missing. It just...it wasn't me."

"Missing? So, she's not dead?"

Hades shrugs, "I have no clue. It's been a very long time and we all just assumed. Assumed that she had died."

I swallow the hard ball that was sitting in my throat. "Is..it all true? Are you all related?"

I didn't mean to sound petrified, or even disgusted. I was naturally curious, and what they did as gods and basically the supernatural was different than what we knew.

He chuckles, "Poseidon, Zeus and I were all created. Not in relation to what we've done," he pauses, sending me a wink, "Or what mortals do. Rhea created me first, as the first born. In stories mortals wrote that I was swallowed by Kronos. But in actuality, we were all simply created. Magic, if you will."

I nod, trying to keep up with the influx of information. "That's...interesting." For a lack of a better damn word.

"Very," he stands, stretching. His muscles contract with his movements and I ogle his body, almost drooling.

"Hey, my eyes are up here."

My gaze flicks up to his and I smirk, standing along side him. "I know," I say seductively, pressing my body against his.

His eyebrows raise in surprise before he narrows his eyes at me. "What do you want?"

I gasp in shock, "You assume I want something because I'm being overly sweet and seductive?" My voice rises in pitch.

"Yes."

I trail my hand down between his abs, to the waistband of his underwear. "Well.."

Another knock sounds on the door, and without warning it opens. Felix strolls in, his lips powdery from the donut he was currently munching on.

"It's re-" He pauses momentarily, his eyes widening at Hades annoyed and angered expression. He backs out slowly, his hands coming up in surrender. "I didn't look. I didn't look."

He disappears behind the door, "It's uh," he clears his throat, "Everything is prepared for the ceremony."

Hades sighs, his fingers coming up to pinch the area between his eyes. "Ceremony for you."

Not again.

"What for?"

Wrinkling noises from a wrapper sounds from outside the door. Hades lifts his head to the ceiling.