|Deep|

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE

I leave the restroom instantly, slamming right into the weird demon who couldn't take his black eyes off of me.

"Woah, woah...where're you going?" He steps in front of me, his blonde hair wrapped in a small bun at the base of his neck.

I jerk back, narrowing my eyes at him. "If you would excuse me, I have people to get back to."

I attempt to step around him, only to be stopped—once again— by a leather jacket clad arm.

"Without me getting a taste? Now, that's no fun." His facade of wannabe-charming-boy slips off his face as a sinister smile is welcomed. Fear washes over me for a few moments, only to be bombarded with a gentle calm.

I was surrounded by Hades' men and women. My Kingdom, and my King. He'd sense me, as he always does.

I relax immediately, all while staying alert for his next move. I knew, that even if I wasn't strong enough as of now to stop him, he'd get what he deserved.

I sigh, "What is it with you men? You see a girl just ain't interested in your...desperate, unattractively needy attempts," I cross my arms, shaking my head in mock disappointment, "But you're just too dense to take the hint."

He smirks, his eyes turning cold at my light jab.

Oop, I must've hit a nerve.

"We'll see." He snarls, pushing me into the darker corners of the club.

I push back against him, only realizing too late that my powers felt...weakened. I glance down at my hands in surprise.

No tingling. Nothing.

Oh, fuck.

Panic arises in me, and I open my mouth to yell for Hades but he covers it, hissing at me.

"Why don't you feel it?" He grasps me tightly, looking down at me in confusion.

Suddenly, his nose is near my throat. He inhales deeply, and I cringe inwardly at his hot breath that lingered on my neck.

"Mm, you're different aren't you? Not quite mortal, not quite goddess." He sniffs again, and I feel sharp nails begging to dig into my skin. "It's absolutely fucking delightful. I could use you to recharge, over and over again." Something wet touches my neck and I yank my head away, glaring at him.

Unexpectedly, the ground begins to shake with an unearthly rumble. A hum develops in my chest, becoming stronger as the rumbling increased.

I smirk against his hand, staring him straight in the eyes.

He drops his hand, "What the fuck?"

Energies in the room zap side to side, only getting stronger with each passing second. The crowd that once covered us was now splitting, their eyes wide with astonishment and alarm.

"Oh!" I speak cheerfully, "You didn't give me a chance to introduce myself," I slip out of his embrace stealthily, having an advantage with my small stature and his moment of distraction, "My name is Samira, Queen of the Underworld." My voice grows cold as the smile slips off my face, Hades' emotions seeping into mine. I felt the darkness emanating from across the room.