v. five

DIFFERENCE!

eddie kaspbrak

both of them got up and headed back over to hear what the five were talking about.

"what you going to do about that?" stan asked richie, who was playing with his hair.

"what i always do; use my charm." richie said, flirtatious flopping his hair around, yet miserably failing.

stan rolled his eyes. everyone else, meanwhile, cringed.

beverly and i made our way back over, seeming to be very confused.

"what's happening?" beverly said, sitting down next to ben, brushing her hand against his. i sat down next to bill and richie.

"richie is going to go after greta." stan said.

beverly rolled her eyes before getting angry at richie.

"richie, why in the hell do you want to date that snobby, stuck-up person who loves to call me a slut all the time?" beverly ranted to him. ben tried his best to calm her down, quietly. he grabbed her hand and she looked at him, softly looking at him.

"who's greta?" i asked, still being very confused and clueless.

"she's this girl in our grade that is popular, basically the princess of the school." stan explained. "and obviously, richie wants to get in her pants." he added.

richie slapped his arm.

"there's more to her than that." richie said. "she's amazing, sweet. but she's also understanding and trustworthy." he said, acting smitten about her.

stan wasn't buying it, along with everyone else. except eddie, who didn't know what they were talking about.

stan put a hand on richie's shoulder. "richie, we all know your personality." he paused and realized that eddie was new. "well, most of us do." stan nervously chuckled and scratched the back of his head.

"point is richie, we don't see why you want to date her." beverly said, rolling her eyes, acting more somber than angry.

"because bev, staniel's mom won't let me be with her anymore." richie teased stanley. stanley, or much of the other losers, were very keen of his jokes.

stanley just responded by rolling his eyes. saying less can sometimes be saying more.

richie continued to laugh with himself on his joke.

i felt my phone buzz in my pocket. it was a text message from a random phone number.

unknown number: eddie, it's bev. are you alright?

i gave her a confused look before responding back.

eddie: how did you get my number

beverly: not important right now. answer the question

eddie: yeah, why wouldn't i be?

beverly: you look a little...you know...downhearted .?

eddie: no, i'm just over that joke he made. that was really stupid

beverly: okay..

"e-eddie?" bill asked me, causing me to jump at least a foot in the air. i startle easily.

"yeah?" i nervously said.

"d-do you want to come over to sleepover at my house tonight a-along with the rest of u-us?" bill asked.

"sure." i said and nodded my head.

eddie then got a little cheery.

time skip

i was throwing random things into a duffle bag for the overnight at bill's house. i didn't know what we were doing over at his house; watching a movie, playing games. but, i just decided to pack the essentials; pajamas (t-shirt and basketball shorts), a change of clothes for the morning and a toothbrush and hairbrush. and of course, my medicine. all of my medicine. i am on so much medication, it's crazy. i have to take some for my anxiety and asthma, which is a lot of medicine for just a teenager.

but, my mother doesn't really care how much i'm taking. she just want me to be in good health. but whenever i occasionally miss a dose, she panics. like, i'm sick or i could die any second. and that bothers me. a lot. am i really going to die?

i shook these awful thoughts out of my head, feeling my phone buzzing in my pocket. it was a random number. i picked it up.

hello?

eddie, it's richie. i'm outside your house. do you really live next door to me?

yeah, weird. but, i'll be on my way out

i hung up the phone before he could get another word in. i zipped up the bag and turned off all the lights and appliances in the house and dashed outside to richie's car. it was just going to be him and i, driving to bill's house.