iii. three

DIFFERENCE!

eddie kaspbrak

"alright class, we have a new student!" the woman said, standing next me. i was in front of the class of my new peers.

"his name is edward kaspbrak." she smiled and said.

"i go by eddie." i corrected her.

"well okay, this is eddie kaspbrak." she rephrased, coming off as a bit irritated. she walked over to her desk and looked at a packet of paper. "you'll sit there, eddie." she said and pointed at a desk open towards the back of the room.

i nodded as i went to the seat in the back of the class. a few people looked at me funny but i just ignored what they did. i dropped my backpack to the floor as i sat in the seat.

there was a student next to me who was fiddling with a bracelet on his wrist.

"d-damn it." he said softly before realizing i had noticed him the whole time.

"hey." i whispered so the teacher wouldn't hear.

"h-hi, i'm bill denbrough. welcome to d-derry." he said and smiled a bit.

"thank you, bill. anything cool to do for fun around here?" i asked.

"not really but my friends and i g-go to the quarry after s-school. you could join us." he suggested.

"no talking in my class, denbrough!" the teacher shouted to bill.

she went back to teaching the class about something to do with algebra.

"i'll take you up on that offer, bill." eddie said before turning back to the board to "learn" what the teacher was teaching.

time skip

eddie was at his locker, grabbing his books for the next class he was going to. that was until he looked in his peripheral vision to see the cute stranger he saw yesterday and this morning. he was walking with a few people, one of them being bill.

"hey e-eddie!" bill said before eddie turned around.

the group had stopped around eddie, making him a tad nervous.

"are you s-still coming to the quarry t-today?" bill asked.

the boy with dirty blonde curly nudged him.

"you invited him without asking us first, bill?" he said.

"i t-thought you all would be okay with it." bill said.

i interrupted them.

"if you don't want me to come, i won't go." i said.

"nah buddy, you're good." a girl with long, ginger hair said.

"okay. well, i'm eddie." i said and waved to the six people in front of me.

"well, i'm beverly, but some people just call me bev." beverly said.

"i'm ben." ben said. he was bigger than the rest of the people in the group, in size.

beverly then took a lead on introducing everyone.

"that boy there is stan, next to him you got mike." she said, mike and stan waving at eddie.

"and this whack job here is richie tozier." beverly said, ruffling his hair.

"hey." richie said.

richie. that's my neighbor. he had floppy, black curls that were knotted, contacts that made his eyes shimmer and some band on his t-shirt.

"i feel like i've seen you around here somewhere." richie said to eddie.

"no you haven't." eddie said fast and nervously.

"okay, eds." he said, before leaving his friends behind.

"sorry about him, he's a handful. but, it was great talking to you eddie. we'll see you at the quarry, i guess." stan said, giving bill stink eyes. he and the rest of the remaining group exited to another class.

eddie thoughts were everywhere. richie was so so cute, he made some new friends, his day was going pretty well.

until something had to ruin it

"aw look boys, we got a girly boy to pick on now." someone said, coming up behind eddie and shoving him to the floor.

eddie's book launched across the hallway as he bumped his knees against the cold, hard ground. he let out a shriek of 'ow's.'

then the attack came roaring in on eddie, four boys beating him up without being able to defend himself.

one after another, kicks were pummeled again eddies hips and legs. but lucky enough for him, he managed the strength to pull himself off the floor.

"s-stop." he pleaded out.

that's when henry gutted him in the stomach. he groaned out in pain and held his chest with one arm.

eddie was fed up with the torture he was being dragged through.

he swung his fists against henry cheek, slightly hurting henry but hurting his knuckles more.

"henry, the principal's coming let's go." one of his friends grabbed his arm and pulled him off somewhere else where he wouldn't be seen.

eddie fell to the floor, hitting his head hard on the floor.

and everything afterwards was a complete blur.