xx. twenty

DIFFERENCE!

richie tozier

the losers were all at the diner, with the exception of eddie. we haven't hung out in over a week. he took it pretty hard after we all silently rode back from airport. eddie barely made eye contact with me that day, like he was trying to block me out all together. he meanwhile spoke to others, since nothing changed with him being their friend. it hurts though, seeing eddie just ignore me, like my feelings for him weren't valid.

"richie," bill said, slamming down on the table. "order." he said.

"s-sorry." i stuttered out as the waitress walked away.

"quit thinking about him, richie. it only hurts you." mike said.

"i wish i could, but it's impossible." i said, slamming my face down into the table.

"it'll just take sometime, rich. that's all." beverly said.

i let out a quiet groan. it still hurt to even remember the party and everything i said to eddie. though i shouldn't regret it, since i was being 100% honest.

a sound of a car horn could be heard outside as well as people walking into the restaurant.

"shit." stan's words escaped from his mouth.

i raised my head from the table to eye level as i saw the heartbreaker himself. he was here with his mother. she was very accurate to how eddie described her. she asks eddie so many questions, it's kind of unbearable. i've never had my parents act that way towards me, since they don't care and are never home.

"i'm gonna go take a leak." i said, scooting out of the booth and heading towards the bathroom. i turned on the sink and splashed some water in my face. i couldn't take it, seeing him not with the losers, not around me. it was an unfamiliar feeling. i've only known eddie for a short amount of time but it feels like it's been forever. i was lonely without eddie.

the bathroom door reopened with eddie being on the other end of the door. he looked pale, as if i were a ghost. he just stood there, staring before i snapped my finger, like i was escaping him from a hypnotic trance.

"are you there?" i asked.

"i just came in here to use the bathroom." he said.

"so how's your mom?" i said, leaning against the wall.

"why would you be asking about my mom?" he said, kind of confused but also curious.

"well, she was yelling my name all night. it must of been hard to sleep." i said seriously, wondering if he would get the joke. he got the joke.

"very funny, rich." he said dryly.

"i know i'm funny." i chuckled.

"well are you going to leave so i can take care of my business?" he asked.

"yeah. i have to go get back to dealing with my business, your mom." i said, beginning to leave the bathroom.

"beep beep richie." he said. "but before you go, can i meet you later?" he asked.

i was quite surprised he was even asking, all things considered that he would be too busy with andrew and his whiny ass. and his mother who makes him take placebos.