Camping

3rd Pov:

"Brody wake up." Kelsey shook her brother awake, sensing he was having another nightmare due to all the tossing and turning. When that didn't work, she slapped him across the face and he bolted up right. Unsuprisngly, he had a red hand mark across his cheek that he rubbed instantly. He finally turned to his sister.

"You didn't have to hit me so hard." Brody muttered, still rubbing his cheek.

"I didn't mean to hurt you that bad. But I didn't know how else to wake you up." Kelsey scratched the back of her neck and her brother's face softened.

"They are getting worse." Brody stated and he rolled out of bed, feeling disoriented since he didn't wake up properly yet.

"I bet." Kelsey agreed and patted Brody's shoulder sympathetically. It was very early, maybe six or so in the morning and it was still relatively dark outside even though it was hard to tell with the curtains being drawn. Kenny had the day off today and tomorrow. It didn't happen often, with him being one of the best detectives in town, people relied on him and his captain knew that, so he always tried giving him cases he knew he can solve. He and his partner, Craig Tucker, were local heroes in a way and they were always praised by passers-by. The twins themselves got compliments from school about it and they accepted them, though they did feel a bit insecure about being complimented for something their father did.

As always, Kenny wanted the days off to be something special because, again, he doesn't get that many so he made a promise to his kids over a week ago that he'll take them out camping. I mean, the kids weren't exactly baffled at the fact they'll be stuck outside without any technology for about 24 hours but they heard Mr. Tucker is coming, since it's his day off too, bringing Gray with him. Kenny offered to take Katy as well, since both of her parents are working those days and they had no one to leave her with. They were ok with it. Carter didn't want to come, not as if Kelsey or Brody would let him come, but he overheard them talking about it.
Tyler has football training , guess which one of his fathers signed him up for it. He said he wanted to go but his dad was extremely strict on this sort of thing so he couldn't do anything about it and Penny was taken to Hell by both of her parents to visit her grandfather.

"You excited?" Brody raised a brow as Kelsey rushed to make her bed, smoothing out her covers and arranging her pillows neatly "It's really early you know?"

"I do. But we need to get ready." She shook her head as if her brother was behaving like an imbecile "You could do with a bath. You sweated a lot." Brody knew it was true, the bedsheets on his bed and covers were drained in his sweat. In fact, he was too.

"Alright, did papa leave already?" Brody changed the subject swiftly, not wanting to discuss his nightmares or anything related to that matter.

Kelsey nodded her head "I woke up as he shut the front door. He did say he has an early shift."

Brody didn't question any further and slumped down in their desk chair, watching his sister do his bed for him. Brody was under no illusion as to why. She was feeling bad for him, all the nightmares that had been taunting and haunting him since he was little. He was yet to decide whether he found it sweet or annoying. After she was done, she marched to the bathroom to brush her teeth and do her daily morning routine. Being Saturday, they had the day off from school so they didn't need to worry about that, on the other hand, they did have some math homework that needed to be completed.

"Meh, I'll just do it at the camp fire." Brody mumbled to himself as he waited for his sister to finish "Hopefully a bear doesn't come along and eats it. That'll seem way over the top for Ms. Lawson to believe."

Kelsey stepped outside the bathroom, looking more fresh and clean in comparison with Brody. She walked cautiously towards her parents room and peeked in, as if there would be someone waiting there for her. The sleepover still left some kind of scars in her mind. When she realised the coast was clear, she tip toed into the room and climbed onto the bed where her father was sleeping. He was sprawled over most of the bed, one leg dangling by it and arms flung in all directions. Kelsey though the whole thing looked kind of funny but she suprised a giggle. Instead, she crawled over to him and kissed the top of his noise.