Biological Parents

3rd Pov :

No, nope, no, I'm not doing this, not at all.

Kelsey was about to buck it, just open the door and pelt it as far as she could and meet with her brother again. Her feet were in the direction of the exit in trepadition as she faced one of her biggest fears since realising she was adopted. Weeks passed by faster than expected and she didn't like it, as she knew this day would had to have come. It was horrible, petrifying really.

They didn't even let them be together during this time and had taken Brody to meet their biological dad while she was left alone with her 'mother'. Who the fuck came up with these ideas? Maybe she should get Carter's dad to sue them or something but she dismissed the thought as soon as it came and instead just fidgeted in the doorway, waiting for this woman, this woman who was supposed to take care of her and raise her that instead abandoned them both, to talk to her.

It's not like she counted, but Kelsey was positive she had spent at least five minutes waiting for a general response from her. Nothing. Her biological mother was staring out the window, in a trans almost, as if she was hypnotised and under the control of someone. Kelsey could only guess that was the father she was going to greet with next. At some point, the woman left the window and walked behind the desk, her aura giving now a more superior than harmless vibe.

Opening her mouth, Kelsey found she had no words to use and decided on silence until she heard her voice. Kelsey's mother was looking terrible, a round face that was covered in small bruises and most of her hair was falling out, probably from the stress she received on a daily basis but her voice was suprisingly light and gentle, even if the tone wasn't.

"I'm going to get to the point right now." She said before glancing around the room, in fear someone might be listening "You'd better start packing today because you're coming to live with us."

Perhaps, Kelsey didn't intend to raise her voice or to cheek back an adult but she couldn't get ahold of herself at the moment "I'm not leaving, not me or my brother. You can't make us!"

Her mother sighed, as if she expected this "It doesn't matter what you want. Me and you don't have a choice and neither does your brother. Once he's made his mind up about something he'll do it and protesting will only make it worse."

Assuming by 'he', her biological mother was referring to her father, she shook her head "I don't care. I will fight with made up rules until both of you leave us alone." Her tone was calmer, though she was still extraordinarily pissed. How could these two come into her life and ruin it just by the click of two fingers? Absolutely, fucking heartless.

"You don't get it." The woman hissed in a hushed down voice, peering at the door warily "He'll get his way."

Now Kelsey was starting to panic. Was her real dad that bad? To the point where her mother was afraid of him? Or was this an act? A performance to scare her into siding with her. Because it was working. Kind of.

"Not with me he won't." Kelsey argued, folding her arms and plastering that stubborn look on her face "If he tries anything, I'll fuking fight back."

Her mother was a bit taken back, I mean she just heard an 8 year old curse but didn't get much chance to comment on it as their time was running out "It may seem that easy but it isn't, it really isn't-"

"You should stop acting like a coward and stand up to him if he's that bad." Kelsey towered over her, like tall teacher over a tiny teenager, even though she was smaller than her and standing on the chair with her two feet.

Before the woman could get another word out, Kelsey bounced of the plastic, child-like chair and stomped off, shutting the door in her absence and making loud noises going down the hall. Not even having the slightest idea of where she was going, she marched down the hallway, her fists closed and her whole body trembling out of fear and anger. Then, a door to her right opened and out came Brody, who seemed even more pissed off than her and before she could get a word out to him, he grabbed her hand, squeezed it in a reassuring way then boomed his way to the room she had just been in. Great. Now it's time to meet 'him'.