Kindergraden

3rd POV (because why not)

Kelsey was staring down at her plate, looking really glum and not moving an inch. By this time, Kenny was getting worried about her. Kelsey and her brother are usually extremely lively and energetic. That means  they were always jumping about, not that either he or Leo minded, they were worse as kids. 

"Kelsey?" He asked, which made Kelsey jolt back and raise her head to meet his gaze.

"Yeah?" She enquired as she took a hold of her spoon.

"What's up?" He knew it was kind of pointless to try starting a conversation like this with a five year old, but he desperately wanted to find out what was bothering her.

She shrugged meekly "I don't wanna go daddy."

A wave of relief came over Kenny as he leaned back in his seat. He knew it must be stressful, hell his first day at a public school wasn't the best, but both her and Brody needed to go, along with the other kids "Why?"

"I don't like the sound of it." She complained  "Why do we have to go?"

At this point, Kenny placed his cup down "You see honey, no one likes school. I didn't either, however every child must go in order to be able to handle the real world."

"Will you  and papa be there when it's over?" She questioned and looked at him.

"Yeah and you'll have Gray and Katy and everyone else there too." Kenny added, hoping it might be enough to make her smile again.

Nodding, she sent him a  grin and suddenly stood up from the table and walked towards the front door "Then I'm ok with going."

"Sweetheart, you're still in your pajamas."  Kenny reminded, taking a sip of my coffee and checking the time on my phone.

"Oh yeah." She called and paddled her little feet back to the table. She then noticed Leo at the bottom of the stairs and ran in his arms, to which he hugged back.

"Is Brody still asleep?" Leo asked her after she let go of him, as they made their way to where Kenny was sitting.

She nodded "Do you want me to go wake him up?" She offered.

"Thanks sweetie." He kissed the top of her head, making her smile as she bounced over to the stairs.

"Hey! Where's my kiss?" Kenny asked accusingly and pouted at Leo.

Leo just gave a roll of his eyes and placed a soft kiss on his lips "That enough?"

"I don't ever get enough of you Buttercup." He stated, sending him a perverted smirk.

Leo was about to respond when they heard stomping down the stairs and soon enough down came Kelsey dragging her half-asleep brother with her. Brody was rubbing his eyes continously and seemed to only be half listening to what Kelsey was saying to him. His messy hair indicated he had a rough night again, his nightmares must've come back. He sat down in his usual chair, running his hands through his hair one last time before he finally glanced up at them.

"Hi daddy, he papa." He waved sleepily before Kelsey sat down next to him to finish her breakfast.

"Are you having your nightmares again Brody?"  Kenny found himself asking as Leo pressed a kiss on his forehead too.

Brody shrugged and Kelsey stopped slurping her orange juice "Sometimes. Had one last night."

Kelsey gave her a brother a hug and Kenny grabbed his hand and squeezed it "Wanna talk about it?"

"Not a lot to talk about. I was dying. Couldn't breath." He sighed and accepted Kelsey's glass of juice she poured for him "Thanks sis."

Biting his lip, Kenny released his hand and looked up at Leo who was staring at Brody, concerned. He only sighed heavily and ruffled Brody's hair before heading into the kitchen.