Stranger Danger Pt. 1

3rd Pov :

Brody, Kelsey and Gray were sitting on a bench in Stark's Pond, talking and messing about, waiting for the others to arrive. All of them agreed on meeting in here at six in the afternoon to play, they all wanted to meet up as soon as school ended but their parents didn't let them out until they have finished their homework.

"Hey." Kelsey said abruptly and stood up from the bench "Do you guys want to get a snack or something from the candy shop down the street?"

"Do you have the money for it?" Gray asked, almost mimicking her voice.

"Yeah Sherlock, in fact, I do." She snatched a five dollar bill out of her pocket "I was thinking of going over there and buying a pack of M&Ms."

Gray shrugged and jumped off the bench "Sure, wouldn't mind having a bar of chocolate or something now."

When Gray came by her side, Kelsey gazed at her brother, who was still seated "Brody, you coming?"

Brody hesitated "I think I'm gonna wait here for the others. They will think we ditched them if they came while we were at the candy shop." Kelsey nodded and started trailing after Gray when Brody called after them "But bring me a Snickers!"

"Figures." Gray scoffed and dragged Kelsey after him, out the park and down a lonely sidewalk. It was one of these streets that didn't usually have any cars running down and up on, with houses that mainly stayed silent and with barely any people walking down the sidewalk they were on. Kelsey always felt umcomfortable when walking this way to get to the candy shop around the corner.

"How come it's always so quiet when we are here?" Kelsey enquired, not sure whether Gray might want to talk.

"Not a lot of people live here." Gray replied "Most of these houses are empty and those who are habited belong to old people or something."

Kelsey raised a brow "How do you know all this?"

"Had a sneak peek into my dad's files. He has a map of South Park and every resident that lives here. I was just curious." Gray looked at her "Why? Don't you do it."

"I don't know if I would want to peep inside his files. I'd probably find a lot of horrible things. Like, I don't know, aliens having sex or something." Kelsey chuckled and Gray grinned, stifling a laugh too " I don't know, maybe I don't want to see information about murders or shit."

Gray didn't expand his opinion any further as they arrived at the newsagents, a lonely shop that wasn't that popular, it sold candy, newspapers, alcohol (21+) and a lot of other things. A few other kids they didn't know were there, probably 3rd graders too but they didn't try to make any conversation. They took a couple of chocolate bars, gave the money to the clerk and headed out, trying to avoid any unwanted confrontation.

Walking back the same way they came from, Kelsey at one point dropped a Snickers bar and had to turn around to pick it up. Gray noticed and stopped too huffing a little but stopped dead in his tracks, breathing hard and not saying a word. She was about to ask him what was up, but she made a grab for the chocolate first.

There was another hand there.

Kelsey straightened upright almost immediately, sensing danger before her brain even understood what was going on. She was glaring at a young man, maybe in his mid twenties, with short brown hair and gray eyes, though she couldn't be sure. He was wearing black, a black shirt, black trousers, black shoes but had a dark blue vest on, unbuttoned. Neither Kelsey or Gray had no idea who the fuck he was.
Kelsey stood back and felt for Gray, who was still there. Both of them were bolted to the ground in a fear that hasn't exactly spread around their bodies yet.