Cinnamon

Gray's  POV:

I fucking lost her!

She was in her cage last I checked, munching on some lettuce I gave her and now, she's gone!
The cage's door was open and I immediately thought I left it open; I tended to do that sometime.

I looked around the house for her for hours. She's probably hiding in the grass of our backyard, but I suppose I would've found her by now so I'm not sure.

Both of my dads are at work so I didn't have anyone to share this devastating moment with! It's Saturday and they were both meant to have the day off but guess what, fate decided to say screw it.
There was a homicide in Hells Pass Hospital, apparently a doctor killed a patient or something with a knife but I don't know. And my other dad's coffee shop is really busy today so he left, to help with things around there.

I'm pretty sure they would both kill me if they found out I lost her.

Believe me, I searched the entire house and turned it up side down. Nothing. Nada. Couldn't find her. It's like she is deliberately hiding from me.

After a while, I gave up and threw myself on the couch, face planted right in the cushions. As soon as I had done that, I heard the faint ringing of my phone which was in my room. For a second, I considered abandoning it and let whoever was calling call. But if Kelsey is the one calling or even a Brody for that matter, then I kind of feel obliged to answer.

About the whole Kelsey thing with the spirits she can see or hear, I'm not even sure if she's lying or not. Maybe she's just gone insane, maybe she completely lost it but Kelsey has a certain gleam in her eyes that lets everyone know she is still as sane and healthy as before. She literally has no reason to make this up either so she's not lying. Besides, she always believed my stupid ass for everything that she knew wasn't a lie. I trust her and her brother more than I let on.

So, I wasn't surprised when I picked up the phone to hear her voice.

"Um Gray?"

I ran a hand through my hair, still seemingly focused on Cinnamon, my guinea pig, then the conversation that would shortly follow "Yeah?"

"Uh, have-have you noticed something went missing from your house?"

My breath hitched and suddenly I lost my composure "What?"

"I can't find that stuffed rabbit anywhere and Brody can't find his mirror. You know he's nothing without that thing."

Kelsey is really sensitive to texture and since these things that she has been experiencing have started to take a toll on her mental health, she found comfort in soft objects. As for Brody, he just liked checking himself out in the mirror. I was speechless as she continued.

"I had Katy call me, she can't find her hat and  she told me Penny lost her Ouija board."

Of course.

"I can't find Cinnamon anywhere, I thought that I accidentally let her out but since you guys have missing stuff as well..."

"Cinnamon? Your guinea pig?"

"Yes."

"Are you having a panic attack at home? Did I call at a bad time?"

Brody and Kelsey are the only ones coming over to my house regularly so they are the only ones aware of how much I love my guinea pig. The others know I have one but they don't know I'm basically worshipping it because they don't think I have a heart. Well, I feel like Katy has a close suspicion.