Chapter 111- when your world flips

JB's POV-
"Should we wake them?" Betty asked setting the table. "Nah let them sleep. We already have enough people for dinner." Jug chuckled seeing every chair was taken. "Alright dinner is ready." Wendy smiled and everyone grabbed their plates. I followed behind slowly, kinda wishing Alice was down here with us. Jake has been a little distant lately, but I haven't been able to have any girl talk because of the baby. "You ok?" Wendy questioned bumping my hip with hers, I nodded with a smile. "I'm going to make plates for mom and dad to. They will want some tomorrow." I grabbed some containers and put them back in the fridge, so jughead had no chance of eating it. "JB darling I know this may be rude of me to ask, but are you sure your not Alices?" Richard chuckled and joined everyone else at the table. "Blood no. Spiritually yes." I smirked proud to think of Alice as my mother. "Well I'm glad to have a granddaughter as spunky as you." He winked and Betty gawked. "Your my good one." He smiled and squeezed her hand. "Charles How long have you an Abby been married?" Wendy asked. "About two years." He smiled lovingly at her. My phone started to ring and I blushed when everyone looked at me. "Uh, Excuse me just for a second." I smiled and went into the living room for some privacy. "Hey babe what's up?" I smiled finally getting to talk to Jake. "Do you Uh, do you have a minute to talk?" I could hear his voice tremble and my heart dropped. "Are you um...are you breaking..."
"No Jellybean! I just...I need to tell you something." He sighed and I nodded to myself sitting half way up the stairs. "I can talk." I smiled trying to stay as positive as possible. "I know I haven't been very social a lot lately. I ju-Just needed some time to...adjust to some things." Jake took a deep breath trying not to sob. "Hey baby you can talk to me." I whispered starting to tear up. "I don't want to loose you, ever ok. Promise me you won't leave. I love you." He cried and I nodded fiercely. "Through thick and thin, I'm here baby. I love you too. What's wrong?" My breathing picked up and I could see Wendy's head peaking from the corner. "JB I have...I have cancer..." he kept talking, but all I could hear was silence. I dropped my phone and looked at the front door loosing all my strength. Wendy came running to me as fast as she could, but I shook her off and Berried my head in my lap.
Alice's POV-
I turned in my sleep thinking I heard Elliana start to cry. I held my head up to look in her bassinet, but she was silent. I sat up completely and saw FP was still asleep. The crying got louder. I slowly made my way toward the stairs to see JB bawling into Wendy's arms. "What happened?" I mouthed to Wendy and she shrugged stroking JB's head. I sat beside her and Wendy moved back, so she could see my face. "Mom!" JB cried hysterically and latched onto me. "Shhh baby girl. I'm here, it's all ok. It's all going to be ok." I rocked her back and forth keeping track of her breathing pattern. "No it's...it's not! I'm gunna...loose him!" She hugged onto my tighter and I furrowed my eyebrows trying to make out what she is saying. "Going to loose who baby?" I asked leaning back to wipe her face. "Ja-Jake."
"Did you guys break up?" Wendy asked rubbing her back. She shook her head and I sighed. "I can't help unless you tell me Jelly." I frowned and she sat up. "Take a couple deep breaths first." I grabbed her hands and took the breaths with her. "Jake he um...he has cancer." She lost it again and fell into my arms. My eyes started to pool thinking of a kid that young. "He's going to beat it. I know he is. He already has to deal with you, he can handle anything." I smiled earning a very small chuckle. "Just let it out baby. It's going to be ok." I sighed and brushed her hair from her face. "I saved you food." She wiped the tears from her puffy red eyes. "That's the last thing I am worried about." I smiled and stroked her cheek with my thumb. "Wanna take a walk?" I offered and she nodded standing up. "Tell FP there is pumped milk in the fridge. Elli will be up soon." I smiled and patted Wendy on the shoulder. "Is everything ok?" Betty whispered into my ear. "I'll explain later." I smiled sadly and grabbed my coat catching up with JB. "I know your full of adrenaline right now, but your going to want a jacket in a bit." I smiled and she took her sweatshirt. "I feel so...hopeless." She took a deep breath trying to control the tears. "I wish I could know how you feel. So I could take all your pain away." I put my arm around her shoulders. "I want to see him, but I'm...scared I'm going to see him and flip out. like if I see him he will die." She sighed and shook her body trying to calm down. "But you won't. He will be so happy to see you. Do we know how bad it is?"
"No. I dropped my phone before he could say anything else." She groaned. "We can see him tomorrow. I can have your dad call his dad." I winked at her. "I don't know. Maybe, but I feel like I just need time to process it."
"Well, since tomorrow is Friday you can stay home and your dad, you, and I can process. Or just you if you prefer." I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. "How about just us. With a tub of ice cream." She took one last deep breath finally getting her breath back. "I think that could be arranged, but I think Elliana might have to crash a couple times." I chuckled and JB smiled a little. "She's cool. All she does is poop and eat anyway." She shrugged and I laughed. "You are a hundred percent right."
Wendy's POV-
I went back into the dining room to see the awkward stare off between everyone. "I think we're going to head out. Just keep us posted." Charles softly smiled and lead Abby out after saying goodbye. "I'm going to head to my hotel. I booked one earlier today. Just tell Ali I left." Richard kissed my cheek and said goodbye to the kids. "And then there were three." Jug sighed looking down at the food. "Your sisters ok. She is just having some issues with Jake..."
"Has anyone seen Al?" FP questioned interrupting me. "She went for a walk with JB. There is pumped milk in the fridge." I sighed and he nodded grabbing the frozen milk. "I'm going to kill him." Jug muttered and started grabbing his shoes. "No Jug wait." Betty sighed and grabbed his arm. "He broke my little sisters heart! No way am I letting that happen." He growled an tugged away from Betty. "He did what? Jughead wait I'm coming to." FP shook his head handing Betty the baby. "He has cancer!" I yelled not knowing what else to say. "He what?" The boys questioned calming down immediately. "He's sick." Betty repeated and I nodded. They came back to the table and sat in silence waiting for JB's return.