Part 6

Thursday.
The rest of the night you spent your time writing, dribbling words onto the paper as you think back on what happened today. It was an interesting day, you didn't know what to think, or how things would be at work tomorrow. You just left him hanging and you didn't know if that was going to change things. Can I even have a romantic relationship with my soon to be boss? Maybe he doesn't want to give me a job anymore. Did I screw everything up? Your brain chucking all these thoughts at you.

You fall asleep on your desk and wake up in the morning at 7, you get changed and sort yourself out in the bathroom. Nervous to go to work after last night. You walk into the kitchen and cook up something for yourself, then stand at the counter and quickly eat it. After you've eaten you get into your car and leave for work. The nerves still there. Thoughts about last night and Mr Holland float around your mind. You don't know what to expect when you get there. All these thoughts made the journey seem faster and before you know it, you've arrived.

You get out of your car and head into the building to room 206, you hesitantly knock on the door. Mr Holland looks over at you,
"Good morning Mr Holland." You say with a smile, he doesn't say anything. "What am I doing today?" You continue.
"You can go sit in on the auditions taking place today." He crosses his arms, "They're all in the studio on the lowest level of the building." He says.
"Okay Mr Holland." You start to walk away and then turn back, "And Mr Holland?" He looks up at you from his seat, "I'm sorry about last night." He does nothing but nods slightly. Then you turn back to the door and go down the the studio.

You enter the studio and see around 50 people, all here for the audition for a part in still not sure.
"Who are you?" A man with a clipboard asks.
"Mr Holland sent me down here to sit in on the auditions." You say.
"Ah Miss y/l/n. Just here." He directs you to a spot to sit. You sit there, and watch the auditions. It's quite boring watching people do the same scene over and over and over again. You decide to go get a coffee. You silently leave the studio and go upstairs to the coffee machine. On your way you see Mr Holland walking so you turn and walk the other way, doing everything you can to avoid him.
"Y/n!" You hear from behind you. Shit. You turn around,
"Hey Mr Holland." You say with a smile.
"Where are you doing?" He asks.
"Coffee machine." You say.
"Coffee machines that way." He points to the opposite direction that you were walking in.
"I knew that." You say as you start walking in the right direction. He follows you, "You don't have to follow me."
"I'm not. I was going that way anyway. I have a meeting," You nod and proceed to get yourself a coffee as Mr Holland walks off to his meeting. You go back down to the studio with your coffee and things are almost done so you start to get ready to leave. The last audition finishes and then you leave.

You walk out into the car park and go sit in your car. You look up at the building thinking of how it would feel to actually work here. You can see Mr Holland sat at his desk through a window tapping on his keyboard. You can't help but think about him when you're in this car and all you can think about is how much he's done for you and last night you just walked away from him. I hope this doesn't jeopardise my job. You think for a moment and drive home.
Once you arrive home you make dinner, a simple packet mix pasta, you heat it up and sit down to eat it. You check your emails and when you find nothing in your inbox you get out your notepad and you start writing. Your hands aching after a while but you don't care, it's what you love.

Hours pass and day turns to night, you hear a knock at the door. You stand up to go see who it is and there's a delivery man, you open the door,
"Miss y/n?" He asks.
"Yes that's me, but I didn't order anything." You say, slightly confused.
"My jobs just to deliver ma'am, this is the address and that's your name, I have to drop it off here," he forces the box in your hands and you close the door in his face. You sit down at your desk and open the box, inside you see a note;
Y/n,
Saturday night we will have a small gathering/party to announce who we're hiring. In the box is a dress, some shoes and a bag that I hope you should wear.
Mr Holland.
You move the note to the side and see the dress, you lift it out of the box. It's stunning. You quickly take your clothes off and slide it
into you body. It fits perfectly. You smile at yourself. You're so happy and can't wait to have a permanent job with Mr Holland.