Part 8

8 hours until party 10:00am
You wake up at 10:00am, your first lay in all week so you make the most of it. You roll your body off your creaking bed and make your way into the bathroom. You splash cold water on your face and look at yourself in the mirror. Todays the day. Nerves and excitement mixed together, you were excited to get the job yet nervous about all the people that would be there. You brush your teeth and walk to your kitchen still in your pyjamas. You have plenty of time so you decide to make some pancakes. You fry your pancakes and get the blueberries out of the fridge and put your breakfast together. You sit at the small table in you house and eat your breakfast whilst checking your emails and social media although you weren't a huge fan of it. After you've eaten you do a little bit of writing.
6 hours until party 12:00pm
A couple hours passed and you were still at home writing. So you decide to go to the closest shopping centre. You go upstairs and get changed into a pair of loose jeans and a simple t-shirt. You put on some shoes and leave the house, it was only a 10 minute walk so you decide to walk, and plus you're used to walking because you've only had a car for less than a week. You go and get some shopping done, food, clothes etc.
3 hours until party 3:00pm
You come back from shopping at around 3:00pm and you put all the food away where it belongs and put the clothes you bought into your drawers. You have a quick 15 minute shower to wash your hair and shave you arms and legs. You hop out of the shower and by the time you do it's almost 4:00pm.
2 hours until party 4:00pm
It's an hour and a half before you have to leave so you decide to start getting ready, you sort your hair out and curl it nicely, loose but bouncy curls, the front pinned back slightly. That takes about 30 minutes and after, you do your makeup, you do a green and black smokey eye to match the dress Mr Holland got you. You finish the rest of your face and then decide to quickly paint your nails a dark green colour to match.
1 hour until party 5:00pm
You have to leave in half an hour to arrive at the venue on time so you put on your dress and shoes. You walk over to the tall mirror in your room and look at yourself, you feel happy with how you look and you feel confident, you look beautiful. You sit and wait for a few minutes until it's time to leave.
32 minutes until party 5:28pm
You leave your apartment and walk outside. You see a man in a suit stood outside a limousine waiting for something. You get really confused when the man says,
"Miss y/l/n?"
"Yes that's me." You say still very confused as to why he's here.
"Mr Holland sent me to pick you up." You smile and put your head down thinking about Mr Holland and then you walk to the black limousine waiting for you. The driver opens the door for you and then walks to the front and gets in. You set off to the venue and your nerves grow more. You sit in the back of the limousine and then patiently wait to arrive.
2 minutes before party 5:58
You arrive and the driver gets out and opens the door for you. He puts his hand out for you to hold so you grab it and he helps you out of the car. This is the fanciest thing that you've ever done. You walk to the entrance and take a deep breath before you walk in. You're so nervous.

You walk in and the room is dimly lit, red curtains around the perimeter of the room, it looks so nice. You scan the room looking for someone you know, either Sandra or Mr Holland. You don't see either of them so you walk over to the bar and take a seat. You ask the bartender for a drink you'd like and you slowly sip at it. You still can't see Mr Holland and it puzzles you, it's his party and his business, why isn't he here?
"Y/n! I'm so happy to see you!" You hear a familiar voice and turn around to see Sandra. You greet her and you two talk a lot for about an hour, about the job, university and all sorts. Your conversation is broken by an announcement from the stage, you look over and see Mr Holland stood there with a microphone in his hand.
"Thank you all for coming here tonight to welcome our newest member of the team." He speaks and you smile. "As you could expect we had so many applications and only a few got to spend a week here to prove why it should be them." He continues. Your nerves increasing majorly. "This person has exceeded my expectations and has gone above and beyond this week, it was a rough decision because all of you were worthy of this spot." You feel the butterflies in your stomach. "I'm happy to announce our newest member of the team, Amelia Clarke!" A loud applause booms across the room. What? Your heart sinks and your eyes start to fill up as you hear another persons name announced, you see her walking on stage to introduce herself to everyone. You finish your drink and get up,
"Y/n where are you-" Sandra begins to say, her words are cut off as you walk outside of the venue into the car park. Then, when you know you're alone your tears stream. How could you ever believe he was telling the truth when he said you'd get the job. You're crushed.
"Y/n?" You hear a voice from behind you. You know that voice instantly. Mr Holland.
"What do you want?" You say sternly, aching as if you haven't been crying.
"I saw you walk out and I came to apolo-"
"Apologise for what Mr Holland? That you practically told me that I'd get this job, you gave me all the hope in the world and did everything you could to ensure me I'd get this, this was the one thing I wanted and you knew how much it meant to me, how could you say all those words to me and then just go against
everything, and go against your word?!" You almost scream in his face He says nothing and takes everything you say. "How could you do that Mr Holland. Why would you do that?" You say, slightly calmer.
"So I could do this." He quickly holds your waist, places his hand on your chin and kisses you passionately, his eyebrows furrowed and you moving your hands to his shoulders. You've both been waiting for this all week and it finally happened. Mr Holland kissed you.