5

The drive to their area was about 30 minutes. I knew the stupid girl was cheap. The area was a slump. I made sure I wasn't suspected by them @ all as followed them from behind. I parked my car a few meter away from the house they drove in. So this is where she lived?!!!

The area looks so familiar I thought stepping out of the car while my phone rang. Ad'da Falmi of course! Now she's going to scold me for not meeting the girl she asked me to meet so I refused to pick the call .

I was grateful this slump had few street lights really!

But wait.... Something about this street was so familiar. I checked my time & it was getting after 8 . Great.... I missed prayers. I eyed the house that Zarah girl entered. I was going to teach her a lesson.

"Amir?" A familiar old voice called out . I turned & indeed it was my mother's elder brother Mallam Auwal. His fair tanned skin was still shining but it's wrinkled. Age!

"Baba Ina yini baba" I greeted him squatting down. I swear it has been almost 15 years or so since I had saw him last. "I came to see you but I couldn't find my way". I lied shamelessly

We were little when my mum Rumana moved out claiming she couldn't take care of us. My father Bashir refused to give her a divorce. We just woke up one morning not finding her. The painful part was she had a baby at hand during that period. A three month old girl.... Humaira. Humaira died of hunger as she refused to take any other milk or even water. It was as if she knew her mother left.

Mallam Auwal was my mother's elder brother . He had a very big Islamic school. He took me in while Falmi stayed with my dad. Poor dad was suffered a heart attack & he died. That was when Mallam Auwal wife suhaila insisted on me moving out as she believed me & my sister were bad luck. To cut the whole situation short, she succeeded in moving me out, that was when I found out that our Father's house had been forcefully collected from us by his elder brother's, Baba Rabi'u  & BaBa Harun.

Falmi & I danced to their tunes as we became their maids . We could be less grateful @ least they let us stay in the boys quarters.

Falmi usually goes to school around 12 noon & returns 5 in the evening. On a very faithful day the city witnessed a terrorist attack. Falmi wasn't back & I was so scared. She didn't return till the next three days . I was so worried I could sleep through out. But to the family's suprise she was accompanied back home by an unknown man & she also had a bandage on her lower limb. My sister was shot! .  Subhanallah! . The thought of my sister been shot made  me weep my eyes out. I could stand her hurt. Falmi was my  hayat & I never want to loose her.

3 days later gosips started flooding the area as our neighbors started to doubt  Falmi's discipline. "Lost for 3 days then came back home with a man? Islamically unacceptable!"  I heard some men say on my way home after magrib prayers. "Well I knew it from the start that the children lack discipline!" . Another voice added.

I really don't get how people think! No one even acknowledge the fact that she was a victim of a deadly attack?! Could it been any of their children would they have talked about the situation that way?!

Well it was that day I made a hectic mistake of my life.
I approached the men with great fury with my blood boiling over a 250 degree. I wasn't thinking . I didn't care if they were old all  enough to be my father. I approached them with a gora.

With  one swift movement I swong the wood to land on somebody's lower neck in the group.

The man collapsed as the others ran away shouting  "Innallahi wa'ina ilayhi raji'una." Alas it was then I realized I hit one of my dad's elder brother! Baba Harun!I watched him heartlessly as he suffered some sezure on the soil. The swollen veins on my fore head started to lessen as the anger in my heart was slowly replaced by fear.