21

Being home  together  with  mom  Zeena,her husband Ashraf  & their child 3year old Zaina was joy and also  a pain in the  neck for Zara. She didn't like Ashraf because  he had  little or no time for her mum.

Ashraf was  a successful Nigerian politician who rarely had  time  for  his family. Apart from Zaina  being  his  seventeenth  child, Mum  zeena was  his fourth  wife  out of the  6 women he shared  wedlock  with.  2 were out of his  life  making  a successful  position  for Zeena  to be the fourth legal wife following the Islam rule.

It pained  Zara.  Her loving mum  deserves a life worth  living  than this.

"listen baby...." Mum Zeena spoke with  zaina  on her  lap. after  all  this  years her mum  still  refers to her  as  baby, An army for good  sake.
Even dou  Zara  felt NDA had  removed  the  baby  in her, she  still  felt  like  one  around  her beautiful  aging  Mum.

"You have  always  being  my priority Zara. Wealth & social status  were  never  my thing.  I lived  for you. You  are  Hayatti. You  are my life both  you  and zaina.  Nothing  can  make  me sad  as far as I have  the  both  of you  in my life. You've  made  me proud, No one  ever  cherished  me or have  being  protective  over  me like you  and I hope  Zaina  follows  your  foot  step."

Zara found  herself snuggling into  her mum. She was  sure nothing  without  this  woman.  She  just  wanted  to know  if her Mum was  fine  with  Ashraf's way  of life. Little  zaina  joined  the hug successfully biting  Zara's  ear who  intantly let an ouch before  she  drew  back and began  tickling  the  little girl. Soon cute laughter  began to fill  the  room.

"I think  I'm going have to raise another Zara  right  from  the  scratch again! " Mum  Zeena gigled referring to Zaina's attitude leaving  the  girls alone while nodding  her head out  of amusement but  bumped  into  Ashraf  who  had  been listening to the conversation from  the very begining.

Locking  eyes  with  her husband  who  didn't  look  happy she  swayyed  gracefully  pass him.

"oh dama kadawo?!"

She  wasn't  going  start  an explanation  that  will lead  to an arguement that  would  lead  her  to dose of medication.

Part  of her liver was  damaged & she  couldn't  risk  arguing  with Zara  around. The  girl  didn't already like  her  husband.

*******

"kin zama  mara sa kunya ko! Saboda  wannan shegiyar  yarinyar  ta  dawo! Banaso yarinyar  nan ta wuni  a gidan nan gobe......." it was  late  in midnight Zara  came back  home. Aneesa  insisted  she moved  to Kano. Kaduna  held a lot of  painful  memories  for her. Legally  inheriting her dads  wealth she decided to buy a house in one of the  GRA's. It was  successful so Zara went to  help  her pack in which  was  more  of them catching  up about  things  that happened to them for the past  3months since they left the  NDA.

"who  is this man shouting at?! " she  wondered  tiredly approaching the  room she  heard  noises. It was  locked  & she  was  sure  that  was  where the noises  were  coming  from. She even heard  Zaina cry.

Breaking  down a door  was  an easy  task for the young  army. She just  needed  some pins  and soon  her  work was  done.

Alas it was  Ashraf  who  had  Mum zeena  tied up to one of her concrete pillars in the room almost naked  because  her  clothes  were  torn due to  him  whipping  her.  Poor  zaina  was on the floor  crying.

Zara  unable to take the  situation in she was  dazed  as  she  looked  from  her  mum to Zaina. What  did she  ever  do to deserve  witnessing  this moment. 

She  felt  her  hands  began to shiver  but she  knew  well  it wasn't the  time to be weak.

Ashraf  didn't  notice  her  presence because she  broke  in silently and  he  had  his back turned to her. Zaina crawled toward her in the  speed  she  could muster up  while mum  zeena  had  a pleading teary eye. She  knew at this point  Zara  could  do  everything including the  unthinkable.

Shuushing little  Zaina  resulted to  drawing the monsters attention.

"oh... Look  who  we have been talking about?! " he  said spreading  out  his arms while  moved  forward approaching Zara who held Zaina. He looked drunk. He was All sweaty  due to the aggression  he has been displaying. Zara had her eyes furrowed with Zaina head  buried in her  neck while she pat her back. She looked him  in his  eyes , kicked him beneath and watch  the monster groan in pain.

There was no way  her  mum was staying another  minute in this house.

*********