6

"listen falmi..... I'm going to marry her!" I finally said out of fraustration while on the phone with falmi the next morning @ the front of the room dresser as I was having a towel only on my waist.

"Really amir?, You want to get married to Jameela?!" She said in a low tune but excitement was evident in her voice.

"YES" I replied closing my eyes tightly, leaning my head on my shoulder with my phone in between as I tried to tie my towel but an image gazing @ me with tray on her hand caught my attention through the mirror fixed on the dresser. This Fauza girl! For goodness sake?!

"Fauza what?" I yelled at her while hanging up my call with falmi. I really didn't just like this girl. She was wearing a blue gown that hug all her body curves perfectly with a magenta scarf tied in a turban style. The colours really matched her fair tanned skin.

"I brought breakfast yayah" she said sounding seductively to my ears revealing all her asset as she dropped the tray on a table in the room. What was this girl up to?!

"Leave!" I said harshly......"and learn not to invade my privacy!" I added pointing a finger at her. But to my annoyance she just smirked at me and said "anything for you...Yayah".

I really didn't like this girl.

*******

It was around 12am when Mallam Auwal & I hit his islamiyya premisis. I still haven't agreed on helping him screen his sauka student. His islamiya school was much larger than I remembered it to be. It was more colourful but it wasn't modern as the classes had colorful mats for student to sit on but it was more convenient now as it had fans & air conditioners. There was a table & chair for each Mu'alim / Mu'alima and the classes had white boards. Alot had really changed from the last time I was here. The environment was really colourful as it had been designed with colorful natural growing flowers.

"Careful Amir!, How did you coup staying in London" Mallam Auwal joked as  I missed my steps while climbing the stairs.

"Hhhh" I giggled. " I was just lost in taking the environment in. You really tried in making it friendly". He didn't say anything but I could see him smile from the side angle of my eye.

His office was up the stairs where you could have a clear view of the  whole islamiya. I stood by the window looking at the colorful environment but then something caught my eyes. A girl in a tuqoise hip length blouse with trousers. She had a scarf on her head . She was holding a colourful clay molded pot with smoke coming out of it as she used her hand to distribute the smoke as if was necessary. I rolled my eyes at this.  But as she got closer I noticed the face was familiar. A plaster on her upper right arm.

"That is Zara, she's in the sauka class" Mallam Auwal said out of no where. I didn't even notice when he came closer to me. "She has made it a habit of distributing scent ever since" He said tapping my shoulders. "She comes to islamiya before 1am regardless of her school. But shes very naughty". He concluded laughing.

"Umm" I smiled to myself. This is going to be fun.

"Mallam Auwal?" I said after a while.

"Yes amir?"

"I'll screen your sauka student."

"Really Amir?!" He asked exited

"Yes Uncle" I replied smirking.

"May Allah bless you" He  said patting my back. Im already blessed mister!

"Amin" I replied.

*****

"Some of their syllables are yet to be completed especially in 'tajweed' " mallam Auwal said handing me some books.
"That is if you agree to teach them before the screening....u've already done me a favor.."

I laughed @ the old man. If only he knows he was helping my mission out. & Yes..... I just remembered I agreed to marry a girl I've never meet! Thanks to this Zarah girl.

I meet some other Islamiya teachers as we sat together with Mallam Auwal to discuss some of the Sauka event. He wanted it to be a grand one as he thought their set was one of the brilliant set passing out.

After the brief discussion I was directed to teach tajweed in the sauka class. The class of sauka was 5 so I decided to teach the the one by my right.

The class was noisy. Their were two large coffee brown large mats situated from the both end of the class with about a space of four feet in between them. The ladies were seated @ the right side of the class while the guys were at the left. The class was painted in purple and pink .

"Sabahul noor Ya Mu'alim". they greeted standing in unision dou I could sense some girls @ the back still seated.

"Sabahul noor." I replied keeping my book on the table. I was wearing my attire from yesterday but with a white tight hoddie.

The class was quite interactive. They were lively and competitive. But the people at the back were not. I doubt if they even know what was going on in the class like of course  Zarah was seated there making noise while the rest were listening to her as if she was a goodess or something.

"Zarah" I scolded as I already had enough.

"Zara not  Zarah!" She replied bending her head sideways while the whole class turned to look at her. This girl was already getting on my nerves.

"Do you care to share to class what you were telling your sqad?"  I said to her hitting my  hands on the table while the class became super quiet. But then I noticed Fauza, Mallam Auwal's daughter sitting next to her.

"Well I was only  saying how you could have worn a better cap to your clothes" She said folding her arms innocently as if what she said was ok. The whole class was already laughing now. I became so annoyed I just carried my book and left the class. I hate this girl!

****

Around after 6pm I watched as student flooded out the islammiya gate from mallam Auwal's office. This Zarah girl, I mean Zara or whatever I'm going to get her back I thought as the nerves on my forehead began to swell.

"Salamu alaykum" a beautiful voice said but I didn't look at where the voice came from dou it sounded familiar.

"Wa'alaykumussalam " I replied while letting a out a sigh.

"I came to say sorry" I turned around to face a so called zara that I hate most. She had a white knee length hijab on with a red pouch hung from her neck as she played with the chain. I noticed she was wearing a red sniker.

"You know... I was told that what I said to you was not appropriate so I came to applogize." She said all in one breath closing her eyes really tight.

"Ouu!" I fake an amused expression stepping closer to her while she raised her head up. This girl still had the god's to look in my eyes & I hated it. It was as if she was pulling some strings in my heart full of hurt in a nice way & I hated it. I looked at her small plump lips and the way she kept chewing her gum in the most unnoticeable way.

" You know " I asked pointing  my index finger  directly at  her face. "Everything about you is fake! From your life down to your name , zara right?!I hate every little thing about you! Just get out" I stressed each word I said out of fraustration then I pointed to the direction of the door.

I looked up to her face to meet a priceless expression full of hurt and suprise. She was used to people dancing to her tunnes, but the story definitely changed this time.

"Get out!" I shouted at her face .

She put her self together @ the last moment  giving  her gum a harsh chew before she left.

I could feel my blood boiling to my head. I thought I was suppose to cool down after I ranted @ her?!

***********

A/N:

Vote & comment.
IG handle @ urwah_bie🤳.

I love you all💙