26

"OMG doctor how is Zara?!" Amir broke the silence in a room of 4. Zeena,Goje and Aneesa.

"Dr Najeeb how is she?! " Zeena questioned him frustrated as ever.

Sweat masking the elderly mans forehead,he drew his surgical mask to his chin.

"it was removed successfully, but I'm sorry I couldn't save her 2month old baby.."
Aneesa choked on her spit while Amir looked as puzzled as never before so as mum Zeena. So her baby was pregnant all this while?!she covered her hands with both hands and Najeeb began to feel guilty.
Goje was sad too,he was just letting sigh after sigh.

Everyone in the room was taken aback from the ocean of emotions as Amir was slapped hard on the face.

It was ad'da falmi in a black half and a quarter gown exposing her elegantly tiny lower limbs with a transparent big black veil falling off her silky hair every second while she adjusted it. Falmi didn't at all plan on leaving home this day. Jameela standing with a bulgy teary eyes at her back.

"how useless can you become Amir?! Your only child has being kidnapped by unknown group of thugs and you're here crying over your dying ex wife?! "

" Wuce min dallah mu je muyi abin da ya kamata! " She scolded Amir again as she boiled with range .

"I'm coming with..... "

Everyone turned to where the fragile voice came from.

It was Zara looking very weak with a surgical dress on her.

"Darling you just had a surgery... " Zeena tried to reason with her.

"Mum I have to go with him...."

Irritation was clearly shown on Falmi's face as she start to drag Amir out of the hospital hall ways, Jameela following them with Zara pulling out of Zara's grip but Aneesa blocking her way.

"I think you should consider you just lost a baby" the taller woman stared deep into Zara's eyes.
The new information made Jameela and Falmi stop immediately in their tracks. A plastered smirk on Jameela didn't fail to show.

*****

Two weeks later and there was no sign of ummi. Amir was becoming pale and sick. Her abductors were supposed to call.  He would lay down his life to save hers.

But the abductors were not giving him that chance.

Zara and Aneesa's relationship was remolding as the two decided to put the past behind and support each other through the grief.

"you're sure we're doing this neesa? " Zara asked for the hundredth time.  They were in  car monitoring Kano's FBI center from a distance.

"and boom..... Brad is gone, you can get out of the car miss "

Zara obeyed silently, jogging around the car to meet aneesa's pace.  The ladies in black body hug a jeans walk side to side on wall bodies , Zara flinching at every sound clutching and digging her fingers into her friends skin covered in a fitting sleeve. Aneesa found Zara's behavior strange.... Her friend here was always the bold one who was never scared of anything but right now she couldn't put a finger on what was wrong with Zara......

Trauma maybe....... Aneesa sigh as they made their way into the building through the secret rote Aneesa discoved. It was where she worked anyways...

They made their way into the evidence room after Aneesa  slit in her Identity card for entrance through the security door. They were here most importantly because of Zara's cell phone and for any object of trace they could get.

Using a touch light to identify the phone, Zara's eyes caught Amir's cell phone.

" Aneesa we need his too"

" we didn't come with any sort of duplicate for his.... Do you understand? " they both spoke in between breaths trying not to be loud at all.

They headed for the door but froze in their tracks after a few steps because the light had suddenly switched on, a consistent clap was heard from the far end of the room......the two ladies turned in fear to meet....

Brad.

"Damn...." Aneesa said underneath her breath swiftly  dragging Zara to her back so her taller frame could cover her.

"I was waiting for both of you...I knew you'll come, I could deal with a promotion you know" he folded his hand across the back of this head after crossing his legs on the table.

"Well Aneesa I say you don't bother coming back here to work, you've being caught in the evidence room at an unprofessional hour for unprofessional purpose...wow." He concluded dramatically as he revealed  his sharp canine.

"Zara move" Aneesa said loud enough for Zara alone to hear and within the blink of an eye she had already started bolting towards the door Aneesa following afterwards.

"Cover! They just left the evidence room. Brad spoke into his phone frustrated that his plan to cover them up wasn't working, they were never supposed to leave the room.

" hall 15 is not safe..." Neesa froze in her tracks with her heart treating to beat out of her chest.

"Copy" she replied.

"You had a head phone on all this while?!" Zara whispered ....

"We have to move!"

Annesa took the lead in running in another dim hall way full of blinking annoying red alarm, she was not prepared for this. The road to the secret route they entered was covered with police men...as she was informed earlier.

If only they had gone serious with Ummi's case like this.

" Zara we'll have to crawl in the ceiling, we have no option. " Aneesa said after leading them both in an office Zara was guessing  was hers....

Soon the girls were crawling, body soaked in sweat dripping from their foreheads, oxygen volume decreasing the farther they made. Zara could swear she feels her stitches bursting open but moved through the pain. They were not giving up till they were caught.

"For ummi" she repeated.

The end on the tunnel  they were crawling in finally came to an end, Zara was already coughing uncontrollable as they made it through the dust and web. Aneesa used her whole strength in unlocking the tunnel cover that looked like a wheel.

Finally the scent of fresh air hit them both as they grip the ladder that would let them meet the floor safely....

Brad was foolish, Aneesa thought out loud. He didn't get the back of the building covered......

Hoping down gently, Aneesa made an attempt to grip Zara down because she could visibly see the the torture she was going through......

Aneesa lost balance as she felt Zara's weight on her, both girls fell over, their eyes meet and they began to giggle.

Zara made her way up and offering Aneesa her hand so she could pull her up.

But the moment was short lived after  Aneesa felt a cold metal on the side of the forehead making Zara freeze as she watched the persons hand pull on the trigger and her instincts telling her not to do anything because she wouldn't help the situation.

The person stopped for a sec, and Zara passed a message to Aneesa.

The one enough to hit the person hard on his Jaw and tackling him on the ground afterwards.

"Enough of this Brad,.... game over.... "
She muttered seductively meeting his lips afterwards while he held her chin like it was all that matters to him.

**************