25

6 years later.....

At a hospital.

"Amir hows ummi?" A worried Zara pulled up Amir by his arm.

"You know I should have thought twice before getting married to you!" Amir retorted harshly looking at how her eyes balls became larger,confused.

For the first time in their marital affair their was no emotion in Amir's eyes.

"Mene?" She whispered softly to him.
But it enraged him more as he seized his arm from her hand.

"She was almost gone Zara! She was almost gone! from the food poisoning! I should never have trusted someone as dangerous as you are! Someone as mentally unstable as you are! Someone living with revenge for over 20 years of  her life!  Someone capable of untraced murder! ......"

That was when he realized Zara was fully in tears & he just spilled one of both their biggest secret.
Noises of people gossiping about the couple in the hospital took over the air as Zara stepped back from him like she just lost a battle.

She just got betrayed by her husband.

That was an issue they were never suppose to talk about.

*******

She wasn't sure where to go to now.... Ice palace? Mum zeena's or Amir small family house. No she shouldn't be the one to break the news about what happened to ummi.

Ummi was her rival ,'Jameela first and only child. She wasn't going to deal with this well if she ever knew. She shouldn't have invited her rivals child to ice palace.

And for the first time the Zara was really scared

To her surprise no one did tell Jameela,not even Amir....

But instead he sent a her a letter. One instructing her to leave 'ice palace' , telling her not to bother coming back till he reached up to her.

The hurt,sadness, regret......

He was just going to let their marriage  down the drain....

As if it was even her fault that the canned beans the girl ate was expired.

Maybe this was the price she pays for revenging her parents death.

Losing her marital life

********

"Im coming with youuuu!" 9 year old Zaina insisted.

"I dont want you to go out, you're not too well Zaina!" Mum Zeena who was making lunch in the kitchen shouted.

Zaina wanted to react but Zara shuushed her......"go and get your shoe s" she pulled the younger girl who was already giggling silently @ her victory.

"Mum mun tafi da zaina." Zara said while her and her little cousin sister speed out in her magenta ball dress and baby pink sandals.

Mum Zeena just sigh thanking God she didn't have to raise the both girls as the same time.

The both girls are the most beautiful challenge that ever a happened to her. She wasn't going to complain even dou she wasn't living the life she dreamt of living.

She always wanted a fatherly figure present in her Zaina's life because apart from trauma's that Zara went through, she believed that was part of the reasons Zara was tough as a rock. & secretly she didn't like.

& now both her daughter and herself were both divorced.....

And it worried her alot.

********

The drive to the mall was noisy as little zaina kept shouting on top of her voice to the loud music Zara was playing on her radio.

"she's extra energetic" Zara thought with a lively smile on her face.

Being divorced by Amir was one of the devastating things that ever happened to her. She acted undisturbed about it but deep down she wanted to keep her home. After five years of the interrupted marriage she had no fruit out of it which worried her immensely.

Shopping with zaina was fun which Zara needed to take load off her mind.  
"we have your face mask, body soap, hair cream, perfumes...can we please get ice cream and chocolate now? " zaina asked holding the down of Zara's  purple veil at the height of her hand so Zara stop and listen to her.  She turn to reply the girl and there is Amir, Jameela and Ummi@ far opposite Zara. She doesn't see them but 12 year old ummi does.

Excitedly she runs to Zara making her father look on angrily and her mother failing to notice as she was busy shopping .

"Aunt I miss you " she hugs Zara's leg making Zara squat to her height. "I miss you too" she smiled at the little girl pulling away from the hug.

"look were wearing matching dresses ummi! " Zaina excitedly point to Ummi's dress snatching a toy from her afterwards.

"give it back!" ummi stressed as the two Girls start to run around mall, Zaina enjoying every bit of it.

An irritated Zara hissed under her breath holding her hand to her forehead,now she was thinking hard about if she really want Kids.
"children are pretty idiots" she said making a step toward the Girls.

"I think you're the pretty idiot here, you cant even look after the kids." it was Amir with a nonchalant tune.
Zara stood with her mouth O shaped surprised at his rudeness but his fragrance not falling to calm her down. She exhaled sharply closing her eyes but sound of guns in the air alerted her neurons making her open her eyes earlier than planned. Her instinct naturally went toward where Amir and the kids were as the masked gun men moved towards them.

People running and shouting across the mall making it hard for her to move.

"Damn a soldier should never leave his gun behind " she lamented bitterly.  She could have easily shoot this idiots from where she was standing.

Her eyes dilated as she began to panic.
They were dragging ummi away from Amir while Zaina was clutched to his leg,within the blink of an eye Zara moved toward them both trying to drag ummi away from the thugs, some still firing gun randomly into the air for distraction.

"Zain  run away from here! " Zara exclaimed while battling with the thugs together with Amir as they've begin to pull her forward while the poor girl kept wiggling her legs crying for help.

A gun was aimed towards zaina who was making it as fast as her legs could carry her , making Zara stand on the way releasing ummi's hands. Soon a bullet was piercing through her stomach distracting Amir finally making the thugs successful at their operation.

She stumbled backwards as Amir tried to grab her but failed but  luckily she regained her balance and stomped her feets towards them holding her bleeding wound tight while she groaned.

Confused Amir ran after her but Zara didn't stop till she got to the parking space the thugs bus zooming off almost immediately.

"82 6Ak" she mumbled .
"82 6Ak" she tried to memorize as her legs denied her balance falling face flat on the floor .

"82 6A.... " finally she blacked out.

*********
Hi everyone, y'all still on lockdown?