7

We went home after praying   magrib with Mallam Auwal. I was stressed and I had a part of my heart still sore for an unknown reason I decided not to think about. The clouds covered the stars in a way you'll think its about to rain.

Mallam Auwal house was a duplex . After having a quick shower,  dressed In shorts and singlet I made my way up to the roofs
to have a view of what the nature could offer me.

The night was not really lively as  only few people stroll on the streets. I looked on all the possible sides, only to catch a site from the western side of the duplex.

"You know .... No one ever talks to Zara Yousif that way".Fauza said out of no where scaring the living hell out of me. What was this girl up to.

" Look...I brought you orange juice". She said excited for some reason best know to her. But I just stood fixed looking @ the fauza irritating me. She came closer to me and I couldn't resist the scent of lavender she smelt of. She was wearing a purple knee length dress and white trousers.

I watch as she kept the drink aside as I showed no interest in it instead she just came a step closer to me. I wanted to know where this girl was going....

Interrupting my thoughts I felt soft hands on my muscular sides.
I watched her large black eye ball soften.... I could see a hint of obsession in her eyes while she parted her lips slightly & begin to lean in. I was too shocked to stop my crazy cousin. I just watched her with my eyes widely open. She pulled back and started to giggle...... this girl is strange!
With the blink of an eye she was gone!

What just happened? I was used to alot of girls attracted towards me. So was fauza too?

******

"Yes sir... I'll be back in a few days...adda Falmi called for me"
I argued a winning argument with an old Mallam Auwal. After what happened between fauza & I the atmosphere had changed for me. I watched her pretend to be more shy of me, she was always around me somehow poking her nose into my business....She was really suffocating my freedom. So I thought the best thing to do was to leave from jar kasa even without gaining a satisfactory revenge from Zara Yousif.

*****

"Amir why do you decide to be irresponsible?...." I  sat on the couch watching ad'da falmi walking to and fro ranting how she thought I was sensless and all stuffs. I didn't even dare to talk. I just pout with my palm supporting my jaw.

"Your bride parents have been wanting to meet you and...." Wait! ..... When did I have a bride?!

"Amir are you even listening to me?!" She clapped on my face with her veil falling off her head while her jet black hair covered some part of her face. Sister was really angry and I had no idea why.

"Falmi calm..." I raised my head to meet her husband looking cool as usual.

"Amir....get ready, we'll be go to see Jameela's parents by 4." He pulled his wife after him as stormed out of the couch.
Is this marriage scenario real?

*******

It was around few minutes after 4. I was standing in front of my golden /marron designed dresser .  I admired the attire I wore brought by falmi earlier. Shes still faking been angry with me but I know my Falmi better.
Dressed in purple kaftan and trousers I made effort in styling my hair and applying some mild perfume afterwards . I wore one of my golden wrist watch that cost a good amount of dollar then decide decline the cap falmi brought with the attire and go for one in my wardrobe.

"Here we go.."  I murmured smiling as I place the cap on my head but then a voice stormed in my head....."well I was only saying how you could wear a better cap to your clothes?" The voice echoed in my head. I found myself pulling the cap off my head & putting the on the one falmi gave me.

& Suddenly I felt the need to Zara Yousif.

******

"I came to see Zara"  I said to a ragged guy in a fraustrating tune as he tried to cause a scene, not letting me send a kid to let Zara know I came to see her.

"Goje mene"?! The voice that made me hurt in a nice way said in a calm tune as possible but with a little fraustration. She turned her head to meet my eyes possibly not caring about the guy she referred to as goje had to say anymore as she found her answer.

"Ga ta!" The kid I wanted to send to call zara smiled successfully as goje gave him a death glare. I squat to the kid level dipping my hands in my kaftan chest pocket. I handed him some thousands I didn't know the amount because I didn't count probably because I was too amused with the little smart kid. I watched as he ran off happilyy after I tagged him as aboki na. I giggled at the sight.

I watched as Zara eyed her bodyguard or whatever to leave. She had this authority in her that tingled a jealous sensation in me

She averted her gaze to me . Her eyes holding what I'm yet to translate.

I didn't know for how long I've been staring at her till she turned to leave....

"I hope I wore a better cap to my kaftan?!" I blurted out as she stopped on her tracks. She turned swiftly and took a few steps towards me while scanned my outfit as if she was thinking.

"Much better". She shrugged as a smile appeared at the end of her lip then she turned to leave.

"What happened to your arm?" I found myself asking.

"I fought with a someone" she stopped  to reply without facing me then she continued on her track.

Is it not obvious?! I just nod my head.

Well nice conversation..... without a hi, without a bye!
(Note the sacarsm)

________________________

Well....it all happened like this....
I forgot my cell phone on my bed at home and Falmi & her husband was looking heaven and Earth for me. Im back home after an hour later and  Its a miracle that I'm  breathing in front of her now.

"Amir are you even listening to me?!" She shouted clapping at my face. I raised my head to meet a sweating falmi even dou the A.c in the room was as 16. If this how ladies are I'm ok with falmi alone in my life  please God!

"This family can not be played with Amir! Do you even get?"
I gave her an o shaped lip while I dilated my eyes faking a suprised face .

"Father is a major general! Her mum works with an influential business organization! She is a sister and the last born to 7 military elder brother's. You cant joke around with her!" She concluded waving her tiny hands in the air while she fall out of breath due to her screaming but surprisingly I found myself laughing.

"Amir!" She scolded hitting me with a pillow instead my laugh became louder. Don't blame me ....with her small framed body and tiny voice she looks funny when she's mad or angry.

I had to run away from her as she became more violent. I looked my self up in my room picking up my phone from my bed I saw some missed calls and text from various girls and brother Naseer . It obvious I had girls kissing the floor I walk on. I nod my head while smirking at the thought. But then my smiling face turned into a confused one as Zara came across my mind again.

"Amir you don't want to see the angry side of a uniform man do youuuu?!  We've made them wait enough!" Yelled brother Naseer in authoritive voice.

I swallowed some spit coming to a realization of what I've gotten my self into......

Responsibility...... what I've always ran from all my life!

********
Vote comment and follow
Ily all💙