23

"I thought you trusted me......! I thought we were friends, why on earth would you take a decision like this without thinking about anyone?! Batoul how did you become selfish?!, listen forget about them knowing you're alive now and get your self out of here. Your father was influential, his name still lives on, Get yourself out of here! For mum Zeena! Please! " It was a furious confused Aneesa scolding Zara who was thrown within bars , 25th of March in the city of katagum,bauchi state.

What fraustated Aneesa the most was that Zara was giving her cold shoulders . The lady wasn't saying anything since her visit here & it's been 3 days and her leave was for 5 days. She knew even if the crime scene was in Kano she's wouldn't be able to help the suspect because she knew her. & just to add icing on the cake Zara was behaving impossible. She only had 5 days left for her court hearing. Zara needed to say something so she could get a lawyer, A lawyer to defend her! Her Army barge has already being seized and she knew it pained her friend down her heart . They both had worked for that barge like it was the only thing they lived for.

************

"She's behaving impossible, she could get her self out of there within the blink of an eye man! She's a kanemi blood! " Aneesa ranted to the lawyer she hired for her friend . It was the highest she could do in her position right now. Zara wasn't saying anything & she had 2 days to get back to Kano,well officially. The most frustrating part is that she had to ditch mum zeena all the time she called. That woman was going to have a potential heart attack. Zara meant everything damn thing to her.

Aneesa & barrister Haneef walk through the halls of Katagum's prison. The dust,the crazy inmates, the smell, everything almost made Aneesa teared up. Her friend was in this sick place full of 75% sick people. They finally stopped, reaching Zara's destination. There she was in a dusty dark prison room, a ray of light passed through the only small source of ventilation, cricket and spiders doing justice to nature while the queen herself was at the far end of the room. Barrister haneef got lost admiring her tiny waist yet wide hip. It looked as if she was molded. Her neck stood carrying her head up high as elegant as ever. She had her black bodyhug top and her baggy orange inmate trouser on. The top to the trouser could be seen on her bunk in the room which was by her left. There was a small clay pot probably with water stored in it by.

"Zara?" Aneesa called out Seeing that Zara refuse to acknowledge them. ever since the incidence she had been careful on not calling Zara by her birth name, she couldn't risk it as Zara herself didn't know who she woke a battle with. They've been hunting for her ever since her birth!

"I'm going to tell Mum" Aneesa threatened after minutes of trying to talk to Zara.

"you don't dare! " Zara spoke for the first time in 4 days she'd being in jail.

"off course I do! She deserves to know you shoot down an old man living his last days peacefully! "

"I didn't shoot anyone! Mum has to know nothing please! " She cried out holding Aneesa's hands through the bar, squeezing her friends hands at the last part before going down.

"I.didn't.shoot.anyone
I.didn't.shoot.anyone, I'm telling you..... I didn't " Before Aneesa could notice her friend was having a panic attack, the lady behind bars had already started to convulse on the dusty cold prison floor.

************

"Kinga, Either you come back or you're done, you have 5 hours to make it back to the office. How dare you disrespect my orders?! "

"Damn!" It was Aneesa's boss requesting her presence back at the FBI as she had exceeded her leave.

The Court hearing was earlier today and barrister hannef did a good job in framing Zara having a psychological problem,thereby unfit for any trial. Well not of his story was a lie.