Chapter 23: Hollywood

{Gracelyn Adams}

"Oh, my gosh, it feels good to be home.", I say, pulling our bags in the house. Shawn trails behind me pulling in the rest of our bags, setting them in the foyer. "I'll unload those later.", I say, making my way to the kitchen to get water. "I'll help.", he says, following me.

"Sarah is going to be here in a few hours.", I say. "I hope she'll be happy here.", I say, worriedly. "Hey, she will. She chose you over your parents. She clearly wants to live with you. She's going to have her own beautiful room and bathroom with a view overlooking New York. What else could she want? It's perfect for her.", Shawn says, rubbing my back. I smile. "You're right."

"So, that reminds me. I kinda planned a trip to Italy before I knew she was moving in with us.", Shawn says, nervously. "What? We are going to Italy?", I ask, excitedly. "Well, we were. If we go, where is Sarah going to stay? We can't leave her by herself. Plus, she is literally just moving in. I don't think it'd be fair of us to leave her.", he responds.

"You're right. Plus, we have to move all your stuff here. Maybe we just postpone the trip for right now. Because I really want to go, so let's not cancel it.", I say. Shawn nods. I think that's a good plan."

----------------------------

"Holy shit, Grace, this apartment is beautiful.", Sarah says, coming through the door. "Hey, what'd I say about the cussing?", I say, jokingly. "Sorry, sis. I can't quit.", she winks. I hug her tightly. "I missed you, peanut.", I say.

She looks behind me, seeing Shawn standing there. "Hey, hollywood.", she says, giving him a hug. "Hey, Sarah.", he says, chuckling and ruffling her hair. "You finally made the move. It's about time.", she says, glancing at me, then looking back at him.

"Yeah, finally.", he smiles. "I knew he liked you wayyy before you knew.", she says, laughing. "Wait, really?", I ask, shocked. She nods. "I told her like years ago.", he says, agreeing. I laugh. "I did, too." "Yeah, I was like the middleman. Y'all both told me about your feelings for each other.", she says, in a loving tone, but clearly mocking us in a joking way.

"Haha. Is mom mad at us?", I ask. She shrugs. "Eh. She'll get over it. Dad on the other hand, is fine with it. He said he knows he will still see us.", I nod. "Yeah, he's right. Anyways, want to go see your room?", I ask, smiling widely. She nods, excitedly.

We go up the stairs and I open the door to the room, revealing the beautiful bohemian room. "Grace, this is so beautiful.", she says, setting her things down. "I figured you would enjoy it. It reminds me of your room back home.", I say. She nods. "Yeah, it's really similar. This is my home now. Thank you so much.", she says, hugging me.

I hug her back and smile. Shawn knocks on the door, causing us to look his way. "I'm going to make lunch. Any requests?", he asks, looking at the both of us. "Can you make your gourmet grilled cheese?", Sarah asks. "You remember that? I haven't made that for y'all in like years." She nods. "Yeah, I remember it. Please?", she begs. He laughs and nods, closing the door to give us some privacy to catch up.

She starts unpacking her bags, bringing her clothes and shoes to her new closet. "Can you tell me what happened?", I ask. She sighs. "I honestly don't know what happened. I got home from school and it was just silent. Mom was crying and dad was just staring at the wall. I had no clue what happened. Dad told me they were getting a divorce because mom cheated. Mom wouldn't say anything. I just packed up my things. I knew I was going to leave. You were the first person to pop into my mind. Mom tried to talk to me, but I just couldn't talk to her and remain calm. I knew I was going to say things that would hurt her, so I just ignored her. Dad's the one who brought me to the airport.", she says, coming back into her room from the closet.

I smile sadly. "Is dad staying in Toronto?", I ask. She nods. "Mom is going back to Texas." "Holy shit.", I say. "Yeah, she's found a house by Maw Maw." "Hmm. At least when we go to dad's we won't feel like we have to go to mom's. She'll be too far away to just go.", I say. She nods.

"Anyways. So, I didn't know what you wanted to do for school. I know moving really sucks, especially in the middle of the school year. So, I found an online school if you wanted to do it. It's just homeschooling. You'd be able to go on tour with us, too, if you did that.", I suggest. "Yes, yes, yes! That's perfect. I really don't feel like starting over with friends and fitting in. It's too much work.", she says. I nod. "I thought so, too. Well, you start Monday."

"Lunch is ready!", Shawn yells up the stairs. "Yes!", Sarah says, running out of the room.

---------------------------

This chapter was really cute:)

I hope y'all like Sarah :)

Pictures for chapter:

Sarah:

Sarah's room: