Chapter Fifteen - happiness turns into sadness

Charlottes POV

I was so happy that he asked me out. I liked Kai. I liked Kai a lot. Suddenly I got dragged out of my thoughts with my phone vibrating. I saw Hayley's name on it. I opened up the message and it read

'I care about you so much Char, we've been best friends since for ever. I'm happy for you, I'm happy that your dating Kai. But I'm not happy about you not telling me. Why did I have to hear it from Lucas and not you char?' Looking at the text, my stomach banged with guilt. I shouldn't have said yes to Kai.

'Im so sorry Hay, I know I should've told you but I was scared of what you'd think. That's why I've been avoiding everyone the last couple days. Your my best friend Hayley Maria. I don't want anything to separate us, and I mean it' i type in feeling proud of what I came up with. She texted back almost immediately.

'Its ok I'll see you in a minute, oh and by the way I'm coming around to yours' straight after I look at her message and not even 30 seconds later I hear the doorbell.

"Hayley god I can breathe" she has the most biggest bear hugs anyone could give you in the whole entire world probably.

"Sorry Charlotte" she says

"So"

"When, why, how and what" Hayley asked. I was confused what does she mean. She must've seen my face change to confusion "argh you and Kai dummy"

"Oh right, yesterday after Lucas yelled at us he asked me to be his girlfriend. We both like each other? He just asked me like he was talking about the weather. What is for what?"

"OMG you guys are soooo cute, don't worry for what"

"Ahaha ok, I don't know what to say to Luke though"

"Let give him time, he'll come around. He's devastated though"

"Yeah, my mum needs my help in the kitchen. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yep ok cya Charlotte " we bid good byes and head of to do our own thing.

*** (that night)

I heard something in the kitchen so I wondered there to find my mum on the phone and a note on the bench saying my name on it. I wondered over to it and then wondered back to my room to read it. It said

'Charlotte,

I'm sorry I couldn't do this in person.

I'm going to be a chicken and get to the point.

Im really sorry but we are done.

From Kai.'

I fell to my bed in tears. As much as I didn't want to cry the tears just kept falling down. I can't explain the sadness I was feeling. I don't think I'm up for school tomorrow.

***

Lucas's POV

I was devastated. Devastated. I don't think I can see them anymore. At the moment I can tell by the way Charlotte acts there is something she's hiding. I'm going to be finding out what it is no matter how hard it is I'm going to find out.

"Morning Son of the devils spawn"

"Mornin Da-" what the hell is she doing here? I have been trying to forget everything and move on from her and now she is in my house, it's hard enough being next door to Charlotte. "What the hell is she doing here?" I half whispered-shouted to my Dad

"She came over, she said it was really important and it couldn't wait until this morning"

"Oh ummm ok" I wonder what is so important she couldn't just tell me at school.

"Lucas, I need to tell you something"

"Argh go ahead" by the way she asked if she could tell me something was really suspicious

"Umm Kai and I uhm broke up?" It sounded like a question the way she asked it

"Ok, and"

"I'm really sorry about everything, I really am, Lucas i hope we can go back to the way things were"

"Your PERFECT Charlotte, you get everything you want.your perfect. Just stay away from me with all your PERFECTNESS. it's making me sick" the hurt just flashed across her face. I felt so guilty that I said that to her

"Oh I'm ever so sorry mr. Oscar" god now its pissing me of ugh. "YOU DONT KNOW ME, DONT GO ASSUMING YOU know me because you don't. You don't know anything about me. I'm not a nerd, I just happen to get good grades. You know what? Just you stay away from me because you think I'm perfect Oscar" she pauses trying to calm herself down " you don't know me" by now the tears are just falling out of her eyes. There is something massive of what she's hiding. It's affecting her heaps.

"You don't know me either" I'm right she doesn't know me

"Your right I don't know you. Your the badass of the school. Your the EXACT same as Shane. You've got less of a heart than my own father. And that's saying a lot because I HATE him"

"Oh no you didn't just say that"

"Haha you've got a hilarious sense of humour or are you deaf? Because I did say that!"

"Get out of my house now"

"I'll gladly get out." She said with pure anger in her voice, I'm going to find out whats happened to her, let's see if Hayley or violet knows.

***

"Miss Harrison, late" she pauses as if sadness takes over Mrs Bauer. " put your books down lets talk outside" she nods and smiles. When she walks back out of the class room she sends me a death stare.

I hear lots sobs and saying it's going to be okays. I wonder whats going on, but I'm going to find out.

"Hayley, take Charlotte now" oh my god, it must be something serious.

Hayley took Charlotte out of the room they were talking

"Charlotte don't worry well protect you from him" who's him. Suddenly I see Shane

Charlottes POV

after my talk with Mrs Bauer I got told to go with Hayley and tell her everything

"Charlotte it's going to be ok. We'll protect you from him don't worry"

"Thank you, Shane's coming I'm not going to tell him he will worry about me"

"Ok"

I ran up to Shane gave him a hug and as I let go of Shane, I see Lucas staring at me through the class room door. Suddenly I wanted revenge, I couldn't let Lucas get away with saying those things, so I went back up to Shane and did something I thought of never being able to do again.

A/N: I'm going to try to update as much as I can. Been busy with school.

What do you guys think of The argument between Lucas and Charlotte? What about after Shane and Charlotte hugged? Cliffhanger. I'm going to start doing teasers for the next chapters to come at the end of the chapters to make things a little more interesting.

Teaser: Charlotte takes revenge seriously with Shane around to be part of her plan on Lucas. You find out what Charlotte did.