Chapter Eight - Explaination

Charlottes POV

I wake up thinking about last night. I decide to tell Hayley all about it and everything. I grab out my phone and call her.

"Hey Charlotte, How'd your date gooooo"

"Hi Hayley, it wasn't a date i'd say a greeting to the neighbourhood 'get together' or 'welcome neighbours' thing definitely not a date though. So Brody didn't show up I have no idea why. Anyway when it finished I heard Luke and Kai talking and yelling at each other about how Lucas likes me. Lucas admitted it and told him about the prank Layla is going to pull on me. Then when Kai didn't shut up about it he finally got a face from Luke and then Shut up." I sigh "it was very interesting. Our windows are One frikin metre apart Hayley, What do I do. I don't want him to unbolt my window and jump in or crack the glass or anything."

"Well Char i've got one word for all that. Wow. I'm actually speechless Char. I don't know what i'd do."

"Well I'll see you tomorrow remember your coming over to my house."

"How could I forget?"

"Cya Hay" then she hung up. It was like she wasn't telling me something and I really really wanted to know. I'll guess she will tell me tomorrow if she wont over the phone. Or do i really want to know what it is.? Oh well.

***

"Charlotte, Please come out of your room at eat lunch. I'm not going to let you eat in your bedroom again."

"No thanks i'm fine here. I'm actually organising my outfits in my closet."

"I am not letting you use an excuse this time Charlotte Marie Harrison. Get down here now other wise your grounded for a week. Now. "

"No can do mother"

"Just come down here and eat you lunch please." She begs but it ain't going to work this time.

Lucas' Pov

"Oy Luke did you hear that?"

"Yeah I did. Looks like Charlotte is not a geek but she still is a nerd though. She is stubborn as hell"

"Yep she is"

"GET DOWN RIGHT THIS INSTANT"

"God charlottes mum has got a voice to yell, Kai do you know why she isn't going down?"

"Nope"

"I DONT WANT TO SEE HIM EVER EVER NEVER EVER AGAIN. GET RID OF HIM HE DOESNT DESERVE US. YOU KNOW WHAT IF HE KEEPS COMING HERE ILL GET A RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST HIM AND THIS PROPERTY THAT HE WINT BE ABLE TO COME WITH IN 3 METRES OF ANYTHING THAT BELONGS TO ME."

"Oh this is what its about. Thats why she was different at dinner last night like she was quiter."

"I thought that as well lukie." Damn love to see her beautiful face right now because you know how hot she is when she is pissed of.

"Oh Kai. Look out the window see if you can see anything imma going to take a shower"

"Kay Lucas"

Kai's POV

I look out the window as instructed and straight away see Charlotte climbing onto her roof crying. I know Lucas wouldn't like it right now but i'll leave a note on his bed and say to find me on the roof. I did that. Now i'm trying to find charlotte on this steep hill of a roof and all that.

"Hey Charlotte, Wait up!"

"Oh umm hey, guess you heard huh?"

"Uhm yeah I did. I'm sorry. Luke heard as well. It was loud so it doesn't count as eavesdropping does it?" Luke would hate me to see that I made her Laugh after she was crying but oh well its my time to shine. Ew god since when was I getting all soft. And since when did I have a soft side anyway.

"Yeah. Hey do you know why Layla hates me. Its really getting to me Lately. I've been trying to ignore it but seeing shes doing a massive prank on me with Luke doesn't really make it any better, you know what I meam?"

"I know exactly what you mean"

"I'm sorry" she says

"Its fine, really!" I say as confident as I can

Lucas' POV

"I'm sorry" she said really sumpathetic. What the hell dude. He knows I like her. But ugh. He still has the need to snuggle up to him. Yuck. My best friend and my crush. Great.

"Hey guys lemme join" i pause "so watch ya talking about? Anything abou-

She cut me off

"Actually shut up. Its nothing really just about how stupid my dad is. And how man of a man slut he is"

"Oh umm ok" I say sadly.

***

Charlottes POV

"Ugh and here comes the devils husband that helped make me who I am."

"CHARLOTTE GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THOSE BOYS WHO ARE MAKING YOU STUPID. I'LL SHOOT YOU AND THEM IF YOU DONT GET AWAY" he yells. Luke and Kai exchange weird scared looks.

"THEYRE NOT MAKING ME STUPID. THEYRE JUST HELPING ME WITH MY PROBLEMS THAT YOUVE CAUSED. YOUVE DONE EVERYTHING. HOLY FUCK NOE I KNOW WHY HAYLEY WAS SAD ON THE PHONE THIS MORNING. GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY BOYS. AND MY FAMILY. AND MY FRIENDS. THEIR ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS THAT YOU WILL NEVER KNOW OF OR EVER HAD. YOU DONT KNOW ME BECAUSE -

Lucas' POV

I whisper something to Kai and she must have noticed because she paused and continued. Ive never ever seen her this emotional lets see what she has to say.

BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHY. YOU HAVENT BEEN HERE ENOUGH TO HELP ME, SEE ME GROW UP, HELP ME THROUGH PROBLEMS KISS ME GOODNIGHT SAY HELLO TO ME. ALL YOU DO IS GO AROUND AND THREAT PEOPLE. Her voice breaking on the last sentence.

She suddenly cuddled into me sobbing. My shirt was wet from her tears but i didn't care. Kai gave me a thumbs up and left. I was smiling like an idiot because I have never had her this close to me execpt for the occasional walking together and all that. It was sad that the threat was made and that. But she said its no empty threat. He will actually do it. I decide to break the silence.

"Char do u wanna go home?"

"Does that include yours?" Imma thinking yas

"Of course, i'd do anything."

"First can I ask you something?" Oh shit what are you gonna say. Plz dont ask about family or anything plz plz no

"I heard what you and Kai were talking about." As soon as she said that my heart sank and went into a thousand little pieces. Then she took a breath and continued. "Something about a prank" yes she didn't say anything about my little crush.

"Oh yeah. I was just telling him about the prank Layla is doing and he's going to help."

"Ok, is that all?" She eyed me suspicious. What is she thinking if doing or just thinking in that little head of hers?

"Yep"

"Ok"

Then suddenly she crashed her lips into mine it took me so much shock but then she quickly pulled back as soon as I started to kiss her back. And she yelled behind her.

"I know your little secret. I have ears. Kai should not of yelled that out." Holy fuck so she does know. Oh well at least she kissed me. I'm gonna tell my wittle pringle Kai.

She looked back at me a smirked like she knew I was speechless.