Chapter20- Alana

Matt and I sit on my couch randomly watching t.v, his arm around my shoulders. "Why would a cat stand like that? Then again a mouse can't be that strong." I comment, Matt looks at me like I'm stupid," Its a cartoon." "I know but still, its politically incorrect," I reply gesturing at the screen. "You and your random science," Matt shakes his head. I laugh," why thank you mister 97%" "Its not about me miss 98%," we're referring to our science grades in middle school. Just before Matt had to drop because of his demon half, which is legal.

At 7: 47 someone knocked on the door, probably Jacob coming home," come in human." I say. Lets just say I jumped away from Matt as soon as I saw I was wrong," What the hell!" I scream a cover up. Its Jasmine. Matt flips his hands as in what did I do before realizing just why I did what I did. "Sorry, reaching for my phone," he says his fake explanation, thank god his phone just happened to be on a small table behind where was. "That wasn't random considering," Jasmine blurts out before she can stop herself. Me and matt both look at her," what does that mean?" I ask in a questioning voice. "I thought you stopped caring if someone touched you?" she says after thinking for a split second. "No, I never have," I say this like its the most obvious thing in the world which clearly its not. Hold on, she thought for a split second. What is wrong with this situation hmm? Maybe, she thought! That's not at all what she really meant. I take it anyway despite my suspicions. "Just come sit and tell us why you have cone into our presence child," Matt laughs as I move back next to him again. Tristan walks threw the door," you as well," I smile and they both sit.

We all sit close, I'm close to Matt though. They don't realize how close compared to them we are. Its a laughably situation. "So the reason we're in your presence oh mighty ones is because," jasmine begins she sighs a laugh," you don't have to hide anymore." "Hide what?" I ask lost at this admit. "Oh come that was the worst cover up ever I mean honestly," she starts, I knew it. "We, may or may not have saw you kissing," Tristan explains. "Shit," I mumble under my breath. "You know," Matt says, low tone. "Yeah," Jasmine replys. To be honest its almost a relief knowing there's two less people we have to hide from. I knew that was a bad idea. My fist tightens a bit knowing this could have easily been avoided. "Damb it," I mumble a but loader to where I know Matt most likely heard. "Jasmine, Tristan, keep your mouths shut or I'll shut them for yours asss'," I warn them looking at them both. They nod. "I'm not joking a single word and I'm not afraid to knock both of your brains out," I threaten. "Ok, we'll stay quiet!" Tristan replys, I laugh at how scared he is. "And something else," Jasmine continues, "Yeah?" Matt asks. I see Tristan and Jasmine's fingers intertwine. "I knew it!" I can't help but squeak, I instantly cover my mouth. They look at me like I'm crazed. "Sorry," I murmur. They laugh.

Then Jasmine looks at the screen," that's politically incorrect," "I know right! I mean the mouse can't do that and what's up with the blue cat!?" I reply. Matt laughs at this," I repeat random science." "I repeat my words, you had a 97." I repeat looking up at him. "Still," he smiles.