|Chapter 5|

|Isabella|

Getting away from the wolf form area was nice. But it came at the price of sparring with Song. She was strong and I remembered actually fighting her back in Greenburg after we were kidnapped. She was skilled, that I would give her.

'But your skilled as well, much more than you were back then, so I'm sure you can take her on much better.' To hoping that my skills would let me win this. I looked at Song as she picked out a spot for us and Huro watched with Dalton standing there.

Song wore a training outfit. With a sports bra on and her exercise pants, ones no doubt with the anti-claws material. Her brown eyes were daring as she came out me. I narrowly ducked her fist and went underneath her arm as she skidded to a halt looking a bit pissed.

Song was defiantly taller than me and she might of deemed it an advantage. 'But you being so short is your advantage since you get into spaces easier ad are able to get underneath your opponents.' And I planned to use that to my full ability when it came to this fight.

Dalton watched with a bit of a smile as I stretched a bit as Song turned around. The brown faded to a bright gold as her wolf came out. Of course it was coming out. This sparring was much different than the one I was used to, but I had sparred with werewolves before.

Sure learning hand-to-hand combat was quite important. Sure taking down an enemy from afar with a gun or crossbow was much more desired. Or with daggers and knives when up close. But there was always that chance your weapon could be knocked out of your hands.

'And at that point you should know how to defend yourself or your gonna end up dead from not knowing how to fight.' I knew hand-to-hand combat alright. Sure I was no master at it, but my brothers and I had gone at it a few times, I had done it with Derik as well.

And Derik was a werewolf and my brothers Lycans so I had that small advantage over Song. I had fought werewolves before. Hell I sparred with Dalton. . . and lost. But you lose before you win. But I also sparred with Lucas most of all.

'Those are the matches Lilith and I love watching. They are so entertaining.' With neither of us having much advantage over each other, it was a fair fight. And we both knew that which was why we sparred with each other so much. And I won a few times and so had he.

It was a thing werewolves tended to forget about when sparring. It wasn't all about brute force and conquering over the person you were fighting. You had to strategize as well and I knew that. After learning just attacking would get me on my ass so I started listening a bit more.

'One of the most important things while sparring or fighting is to get to know your enemy; their moves and weaknesses.' It was a risky thing if you were in the middle of fighting, but sometimes it saved your life. . . or reputation if you were sparring with someone.

Song casually brushed off the miss of her attack while I watched her. Despite not being dressed for sparring, I was in easy moveable clothes. With my stretchy Harley Quinn pants and a tank-top on. The cold didn't bother me much since I had a jacket with it.

A jacket Dalton currently held in his hands. The cold didn't bother the werewolves since they're body temperature was way above most peoples, similar to vampires being way below. And due to their high body temp they stayed warm much easier than humans did, or an immortal like me hence Song's sports bra.

'But they still get cold, but just a bit more resilient than humans and other supernatural creatures.' But when your getting hot and sweaty during training the cold is nothing. Song shook off her missed attack before looking at me and smiling just a bit at me. A vicious one.