|Chapter 30|

|Dalton|

The streets of the alleys came pulling into view proving the B&B was only the beginning. The streets were dark and winding bringing comfort that we were together. There would be no splitting up in here like back in the store.

Even if covering more ground would be more effective in splitting into groups of twos. In a place like this you just couldn't risk it. 'Especially since Lyric can't fight which would leave Derik fighting by himself along with protective mate instincts.' Every werewolf had them, but with mates who didn't have fighting skills it was amplified.

Of course Ash and I had those instincts with Isabella, but less compared to most alphas. Derik's level was a typical alpha but amplified since his mate was human and couldn't fight very well. Isabella on the other hand knew how to fight and I had seen her in action.

She was no one to be fucked with unless you wanted fucked up. And she had come to seen recklessness wasn't the best answer and could leave her with her being dead. Although we weren't sure her limits of immortality just quite yet and testing it was dangerous.

Because our luck we'd find the limit and Isabella would die. Which wouldn't be happening. "How big are these spindling stone roads?" Isabella asked as her combat boots thudded against them. "Probably extremely big, despite what humans think Dublin is way bigger than they think. But the fae glamor the parts they want to themselves." Derik explained.

"But once you hit the alleys is when you really see. The alleys is always under glamor but they let it loose up to attract fae in. All part of Queen Nightfall's rule that no human finds out about them or they get drawn into the fae world for good." Derik said.

"Drawn in?" I asked. 'That doesn't exactly sound like the most safest thing being drawn into the fae world. But knowing that I really want to know what Queen Nightfall does.' And so did I as Derik took a glance at me and nodded.

"Um servants, feeding the fae, and on rare occasion marriage, some are sex slaves as well." Derik said. "Marriage, they're marrying humans?" I asked. "Half fae may be seen as weak, but they are more immune to iron. It's a hope to get that into the fae gene pool."

I nodded at that. "But that's why the glamor is there to keep the fae secret well a secret." Derik said and we nodded at that. Lyric was right behind Derik her other free hand that wasn't holding the puppies on his shirt showing the fear she had from being in here and her a human.

Derik said that. Who knows he might of done it to scare Lyric a bit and get her closer to him. Or maybe just to let her know the dangers. But whatever he had in mind had Lyric right next to him as his hands playing with the iron dagger at his belt.

These streets were dangerous and we were all aware of it. The shift was on the edge prepared to rip into the wolf skin and fuck some fae up along the way, but I managed to keep it under control. But the trigger edge was still there waiting to be awakened and activated once more.

'The fact that he went down there shows how desperate Michael is to escape Isabella. There is something going on about him that we don't know. When we have him and get him back to Damien and Lucian it's time for some questioning about this.'

I could see Ash's point. Michael's behavior, attitude, and use of a gun wasn't some man being brave and ready to take on the world. It was a man afraid. . . he was afraid of dying. And especially afraid of Isabella to the point he'd eliminate her at this point.

Despite that she was his family and he had done it with someone to keep the lines of immortals going. Or Isabella most likely wouldn't be here. Running a hand through my hair I looked around the allies as numerous fae passed by us all looking at us like we were snacks.