|Chapter 10|

|Dalton|

Derik woke me up early in the morning to help him make a cake for Lyric. First I helped him hide the puppy now a cake.  He had made a three tier cake, with 3 sections for her. And man had he gone out on decorations.

'He is hellbent on giving her the best birthday she has ever had.' That was obvious. The frosting was done in red with the first layer having sigils on it. The second layer was white and red dragon scales with a dragon made of fondant on it.

The third layer was white frosting with red blood dripping and then the iron throne on top. Derik got up early and brought me with him to make this cake. And we had a small piece of the cake to make sure it tasted good before fixing that part.

'Derik has every intention to spoil Lyric tonight, I have no doubt about that. Not the least bit.' After the cake was done we moved it to the fridge to chill until it was time. And then Derik got back in the room to wait for Lyric and in response I went back to the room.

Isabella was up and sitting on the bed. "Where were you?" Isabella asked glancing up when I entered the room. "Helping Derik make a birthday cake for Lyric. How long have you been up?" I asked noting the pajamas she was still wearing while sitting cross-legged on the bed.

"About ten minutes." Isabella said as Maryse got up on the bed and laid down next to Isabella setting her head on her lap. 'Today will no doubt be full of action and interest since it's Lyric's birthday.' Birthdays tend to interest Ash. Isabella's birthday was coming up as well.

Sitting down next to her I smiled and she raised an eyebrow. "So anything in mind for today?" I asked. "Well Derik said today was my break to stop looking that Michael could wait a day. So I guess my day is clear. Why?" Isabella asked and I smiled a bit at her.

"As you can see they are celebrating Lyric's birthday. And I thought we could do something fun as well. Derik is planning to take Lyric somewhere nice. You want to go somewhere nice with me as well before going back and eating some good cake?" I asked Isabella.

'That cake did taste quite good, that I can admit. The cake is quite. . . tasty and moist.' I nodded at that. "Depends on what your definition of nice is." Isabella said and I smiled a bit at her. "I was thinking that we go into town." I told her with a smile.

"Town?" Isabella asked. "This isn't all just forests and they do go into town for things. There is a town about twenty miles out, you just follow the dirt road until it turns to pavement." I told her. "And how do you know this?" Isabella asked and I smiled at her.

"Akira told me, we can go have lunch together out somewhere nice. Pick up a present for Lyric, and maybe I'll get you a gift as well." I told her. "My birthday isn't until next month." Isabella said. "Oh it's just for you. Something sweet. . . like those chocolate eggs you love." I told her.

'She does love those chocolate eggs covered in the sugary coating that you can only get around Easter time.' Isabella's favorite chocolates tended to be seasonal. "Mm, sounds nice. Where would we be going for lunch?" Isabella asked and I shrugged.

"Guess we'll be driving until something that we both pops up." I told her getting up. "So get dressed Isabella and meet me outside. Trust me we're gonna have a good time today." I told her before leaving. Like expected Lyric was with Derik and they were eating breakfast as I picked up a small breakfast for Isabella and I.

"Going somewhere?" Derik asked. "Yup, Isabella and I will be in town for a bit getting some things. But we'll be back. Letting her loosen up just a bit." I told them with a smile and they nodded. "See you later and make sure she doesn't go too crazy." Derik said.