Primary Colors

A/N: How would you suggest/ like to see me lay out the musical episode? Should I do it as a script or as if it were a normal chapter? Please comment letting me know <3

One sheet of paper. That's all it took to confirm everything Betty had feared. That she'd let a dangerous stranger into her house.

"Girls, listen. The truth is, Chic's DNA doesn't match, because Hal isn't his father." Alice said to her daughters, both left bewildered at this statement. The older blonde turns to Chic. "But I am your mother, you understand me?"
"Hang on what?" Ellie asks, surprised she managed to get a word out. "Then who is Chic's father?"
"Chic's my son. And whoever the father is won't be a part of our lives. So there's no reason to open old wounds that have healed many times over." Alice says to the girls, in a menacing tone. "Come here." She turns to hug Chic, who flashes his sisters a smirk over their mother's shoulder.

The next day at school was a boring one, Sweet Pea decided he couldn't be bothered to attend and wanted to go out riding with Fangs. Ellie had nothing better to do than go in, at least she'd get to see her friends at breaks. Herself, Betty, Archie, Jughead and Veronica sit at their usual table in the cafeteria. Ellie doesn't normally join them and normally sits with the Serpents but since Toni didn't show up either today, she had no other choice. Her and Veronica are still not on great terms but they'll stay civil for the sake of their friends.
"I just loved your spin piece in the paper, Olivia Pope." Jug said, breaking the silence.
"Can we not Jughead?" Veronica sighs.
"Did you know about Southside High closing? Or the prison?" He continues.
"Of course not. That was all her parents' doing, right V?" Betty steps in.
"She didn't know, Jughead, okay? So back off." Archie says unnecessarily.
"Fine, I have to conserve my energy anyhow. I'm going on a hunger strike to protest Southside High closing and to get it reopened." Jughead announces and Archie sniggers. "What?"
"Sorry, man, it's just you're like always eating. Good luck with that, but--."
"Hey." Ellie steps in. "It's Jughead's prerogative to protest peacefully, so we're gonna support that, and I am going to join you." She flashes a smile.
"Wait really?" Jug asks, eyes wide.
"Yeah, why not. I want Southside High reopened too. And, I could do with not eating Pop's every single day." The redhead says and her best friend puts up a hand for a high five, which she gladly accepts.
"Let's do this." Jug smiles.
Ellie is about to carry on talking about their strike when Ethel Muggs walks over to the table, milkshake in hand, addressing Veronica.
"Veronica."
"Oh, hey, Ethel." The raven-haired girl smiles.
"For your crimes against Riverdale, for everything your family has done and continue to do, we find you guilty. Your sentence is this." Ethel says before throwing the milkshake all over Veronica and then running away.
Gasps are heard all around the cafeteria, Betty rushing immediately to try and help. Ellie tries her hardest to suppress a laugh by looking down, then for some unbeknown reason decides to offer help Veronica wash it out of her hair in the bathroom. Ellie grabs her a Riverdale High hoodie to cover her clothes whilst Veronica makes a start.
"Here. There's an eyebrow pencil, mascara, concealer, powder in there so you can fix your makeup." Ellie offers once she joins Lodge in the bathroom.
"Thank you, Ellie." Veronica shows a small smile.
"The chilling thing is, Ethel went through the trouble of bringing that milkshake here from Pop's." Ellie says, whilst Veronica washes the last of it out of her hair. "I mean how mad is she?"
"My dad is responsible for the Muggs family losing basically everything. And he still hasn't made amends, so Ethel has the right to be upset." Veronica responds.
"So do you. Are you sure you're okay?" The redhead checks.
"I'll manage."
"I'm impressed, I'd wanna rip Ethel's head off."
"As my mom keeps saying, 'this is not the time for drama and flying off the handle' I just need to take deep breaths, keep smiling, turn the other cheek. Give Ethel a wide berth." V smiles, handing the makeup back to Ellie.
"Come on, let's go." Ellie offers a small smile and the two head down the hallway, rekindling their friendship.
Veronica is called upon by Reggie in the hallway, Ellie rolls her eyes, he still gives her the chills. "Veronica, I heard you got a face full of dairy. I've fot some nuts to top off that shake if you want."
"Leave her alone, Reggie." Ellie demands.
"You do not wanna push me right now, Reggie." Veronica stands up to the Bulldog.
"One question I gotta ask as future student body president, what are the odds your dad's the first inmate in that prison he's building? Oh, man, that's heavy. He'd be considered one of us. Or is he building a female prison too?" Reggie talks on and on, Veronica staring blankly at him, the anger building in her face, Ellie can tell she's about to do something stupid. So, for the sake of Veronica's reputation and for her own satisfaction, Ellie takes it upon herself to land a heavy fist on Mantle's cheek. The whole hallway is in shock as Reggie falls to the ground, Veronica is snapped out of her trance and Ellie is left heavily breathing and looking down at the boy who was standing just a second ago.