Prisoners

The angel of death had once more come to Riverdale. Midge Klump's gruesome murder had gutted the entire town, and in grief, brought us together.

"So you were shooting a documentery?" Sheriff Keller asked Ellie and Jughead when they'd been called into the station.
"Yeah." Jughead replied, arms folded. "It was more of a behind-the-scenes sort of thing." He added.
"Look, Sheriff, you have our footage, okay? All of it's right there. Everything was fine until those letters started showing up. The threats to recast Cheryl." Ellie says
"Wait, letters? What letters?" Sheriff Keller asked, concerned.
The two best friends explained how they thought it was Ethel Muggs and they were let go as Keller was eager to interview Ethel.

Ellie stood amongst the town's residents, listening to Cheryl sing a gorgeous song in honour of her friend and fellow cheerleader. The redhead held her boyfriend's hand, tears threatening to fall. Ellie had only ever spoken to Midge in passing but she knew how pure and how sweet she was, and she realised what a shame it was for such a young soul to go in such a awful way. Once Cheryl's song had finished, the River Vixen's all raise their pompoms.
"I also feel it is my duty to say that, like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who pursue blood atonement when a crime's committed, the Vixen's and I vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister is rightly punished." Cheryl says, with anger in her voice.

"I have a theory." Jughead says a little later as the three couples sit in Pop's. "It's a copycat killer. And who coincidentally showed up in Riverdale after Mr Svenson was killed? And has been giving us creepy vibes ever since?" He rambles and the teens look amongst each other confused. "Chic. He has a temper, too."
Betty sighs before turning to her boyfriend. "Chic is here because I went to the hostel to get him. And yes he's weird, but he didn't know Midge. So, moving on."
"What if Svenson wasn't the Black Hood?" Archie says, causing Ellie to furrow her brows.
"Archie, we were there when he died." Betty says.
"I know, but just because he was wearing a hood that night, it doesn't necessarily mean he's the same guy who shot my dad. And now killed Midge."
"Svenson forced me to bury you alive. He cut off his own finger and sent it to me." Betty says, obviously thinking he's crazy.
"Maybe the real Black Hood cut it off because he was working with Svenson." Ellie chips in, thinking that Archie might have a point, and she loves a good conspiracy theory.
"And Svenson would have let himself be mutilated?" Veronica asks, confused as the rest of them.
"All I'm trying to say is the real Black Hood could still be alive." Archie clears up. "I looked into the Black Hood's eyes. They weren't Mr Svenson's eyes." He shakes his head.

Ellie and Sweet Pea arrive home and let out a big sigh of relief. They were finally at home, away from everyone and any drama and any Black Hoods, dead or alive. They decided on the way back to turn their phones off and have a quiet day or eating junk food and watching their favourite movies and box sets.
"I'm gonna go change." Ellie says as she hangs her Serpent jacket on the coat rack.
"You want a coffee? Or a beer? Or there's still that bottle of wine in the fridge." Sweet Pea shouts from the kitchen to the bedroom.
"Oh, crack open that bottle of wine, I need it." Ellie tells him as she walks out the bedroom in some joggers and one of Sweet Pea's t-shirts.
"Wearing my clothes again?" Sweet Pea teases, pouring wine into two glasses.
"What's yours is mine babycakes." Ellie giggles, gladly taking the wine glass from her boyfriend's hand and taking her place on their couch.

"Maybe we should look into Chic." Betty sighs as herself, Jughead and Ellie walk through the school halls the next day.
"Di you figure out a motive?" Jughead asks.
"Not yet. But there's something that could connect him to Svenson. It's tenuous, but they both spent time at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy." The blonde speculates.
"Archie's theories about there being multiple Black Hoods, they could be in cahoots." Ellie suggests. "It's a long shot. Mr Svenson's older than Chic, but he worked there as a groundskeeper for years."
"They might have crossed paths." Jughead raise his eyebrows, stopping the hall.
"Yeah." Betty agrees.
"It's worth a visit." Ellie shrugs, setting back off down the hall, telling her friends that she's off to see Sweet Pea after basketball before fifth period but she'll meet them afterwards and they'll head over to the Sisters to check it out.