The Stranger

At 8:47 on a Wednesday morning, Archie Andrews died. At least, the Archie we knew. What returned to Riverdale was something far different from the redheaded boy next door. He was now a stranger, with dark hair and scars, both inside and out.

Dream Team

Archie: Who fancies Pop's?

Betty: ???

Arch Are you back?

Archie: Meet me there in 10

Jughead: OMFG! Ellie can I come in the truck I have no gas in my bike

When do you ever, come over now

Jughead: On it

Betty: I'm so excited!!

Me too but confused?

Archie: Stop texting and meet me there :) ly all

Veronica: LY2

Betty: Okie ly2

Ellie: Love you, glad you're back

Jughead: I'm so hungry

Veronica: I'll get your usual milkshakes ordered

Jughead: OMG tytyty can I have a burger too please?

Veronica: Of course, anyone else want food?

 No thanks V, just eaten :)

Betty: Nah

The five share an emotional reunion with Archie Andrews before sitting at their usual booth and waiting for Pop to bring their orders over.
"Two chocolates, two vanillas, a root beer float for Archie and a burger for Jug." Pop smiles handing the teens their drinks and Jug his food. "Welcome home, son."
"Thanks, Pop." Archie smiles back.
"Since when do you drink root beer floats?" Betty asks, handing Pop her card to pay for everything.
"Guess I'm just not in the mood for a strawberry milkshake." Archie replies.
"New drink, new hair, new haunted vacant look in your eyes." Jughead sighs, looking at his friend. There was something different about him for sure.
"Guys, Archie lived through The Revenant. Let him order what he wants." Veronica sticks up for the muscular boy sat to her left.
"So, what'd I miss while I was gone?" Archie asks.
"Well, thanks to the town quarantine orchestrated by my father, Pop's was shut down, and just reopened. And he's also been attacking shipments to the speakeasy. But thankfully I've fired the Serpents as my full-time protection, and that service extends to you, Archie." Veronica explains.
"You don't have to worry about Hiram's goons coming after you or your dad. You won't be able to see them, but we have guys watching you 24/7. And Jug and I have a possible lead that could diffuse this threat permanently." Ellie tells her friend, hopefully making him feel secure.
"What is it?" Betty asks.
"You can't tell anyone." Jughead lowers his voice. "Fangs is deep undercover in the Gargoyle Gang. He hasn't met the King yet but he's working on it. And when we get access, we'll take him down. My bet is it's Hiram underneath the mask. Sorry, Veronica."
"Don't be." The raven-haired girl shakes her head. " I wouldn't put it past him."
"Well, there goes studying for the SATs."  Betty says.
"What?" Archie asks, raising his brows to the blonde. "SATs?"
"Yeah, they're this Saturday." Betty tells him and he starts to look worried. "Don't worry, Arch, I will help you study and get you caught up, okay? We all will." Betty reassures him.
"I'm sorry, Betty, but your debit card was declined." Pop says coming back to the table.
"I got you, B, just put it on my tab, Pop." Veronica tells the man, who nods then walks away.