Chapter 1: It's Ok

~ Damian's P.O.V. ~

"Why do you have to hate everything?" Drake asked me.

Grayson had caught us fighting again. So he made us wear this stupid 'get along' shirt.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't hate everything, I just dislike somethings."

"Well, I think you should -"

"Oh, My God! This is priceless! I've got to take pictures!!!" Todd said laughing his ass off.

He gets his phone out and takes pictures. Drake and I look at him and then at each other. I nod at him and we charge at Todd.

I can hear Grayson in the background, "look Alfred, my plan Has worked. They're getting along!"

"That's great, master Richard."

Just then father walked in, "Damian, are you coming on patrol or not?"

I smiled and got out of the shirt, "yeah."

~ Your P.O.V. ~

I lay in my bed wishing it was Monday instead of Sunday. I know, it sounds weird. But I'd rather go to school than sit here, listening to my parents fight.

"She's only 15! You can't expect her to do everything right!" Mom yelled.

"But you're always babying the hell outta her! She'll never understand unless we beat her!!!" father yelled, anger rising in his voice even more.

Over the years I've gotten used to father beating me up, I've even accomplished to not cry even when he beats me hard. Today was the same thing as always

~ Flashback ~

Father grabbed my hand and squeezed hard on it. He used to do this all the time, and I would always cry. But today I didn't even flinch l, not even when my hand cracked.

He yelled at me and slapped me, eventually that turned into punching, then kicking. I was bleeding and bruises marked my body.

"Timothy! That's enough!" Mom had said.

She helped me up and told me to go to my bedroom.

~ end of flashback ~

My parents fought for hours. Until my father decided he was sick of this. He slapped my mom, I covered my mouth. I heard my mom scream, "Timothy, Don't!"

I opened the door a little. My mom is in the floor, blood every where. My father over her, with knife in hand.

"Mom!!!" I yell.

Father gets up and walks towards me, "she was stubborn, you are too."

He grabbed my long hair to keep me from running, and raised the knife. With my free hand I twist his arm making  him drop the knife. His grip loosens on my hair and I make a run for it, I run to the open window and jump.

Instead of feeling my feet touch the ground, I feel father grip my hair. It hurts a lot, I try to get out of his grip, but I can't.

I close my eyes and wait for the worst, but instead I feel something cutting my hair and then I'm falling.

Someone catches me before I hit the ground. I open my eyes, it's Robin.

"It's ok, you're safe," he says.

I let out a sob and then bury my face onto his chest, "he killed my mom . . . "

He says nothing. Eventually he wraps his arms around me, "everything is fine, he won't hurt you anymore."

I hug him even though my body hurts from the bruises.

Two weeks later

After going through detectives asking questions, putting my dad in jail, and having to spend 5 days in an orphanage, I was finally getting adopted.

"Y/N, right this way," a lady said as she led me to a room where my adoptive parents would be.

The door opens and reveals Bruce Wayne.

I am speechless right now.

"Hello, Y/N," he says crouching, "you look just like your mother."

I tear up at the mention of her, "I get that a lot."

He smiles, and his hand moves towards my face. I move my face a little, but instead of a punch, I feel his hand brush away a stray hair.

"Let's go home, shall we?" He says standing up, "your family awaits."