Chapter 20: Why?

~ Jacob's P.O.V. ~

How could she do this to me? After I came out.  She knew how I felt about Nolan . . . Why?

I've known Nolan for years. He probably doesn't remember, but I was the little blonde kid across the street. I was the one who helped him all those years.

I've loved him since the moment we met, but . . . I'm too late, he doesn't want me.

It isn't Y/N's fault either, I guess. It's mine, for not telling Nolan earlier. I should have said something when I had the opportunity. Now I have to suffer, knowing that I can not have him.

God, I'm such a baby! I will be fine, as long as Nolan is happy, I'm happy.

I lay back in my bed, no school today due to cold weather. Maybe I could visit Y/N and Nolan, get used to seeing them together.

I nod to myself and get dressed.

After gatting dressed I go downstairs and eat breakfast

"Hi, honey. Where are you going?" My mom asks.

"Hi, I'm going to Nolan's house if that's ok."

My mom smiles, "no problem! Oh, and when are you planning on bringing both him and Y/N for Dinner again?"

"I don't know, they've been very busy lately. I didn't want to bother them."

Mom nods, "ok, just make sure you get them here."

I chuckle at her, "yes, mom."

~

I took an uber to Y/N's house instead. The ride there seemed to be hours, although it was only 10 minutes.

I walked up to the gate and then walk to the door. I ring the bell and wait.

"Move the fuuuuuuck away!" I heard Jason say.

"Stop fighting!" It sounded like Tim.

"He took the last cookie!" Dick said.

"Stwap!!!!!!!!!!" Tim yells.

I sigh and laugh at them. Finally the door opens.

"What?" Damian says opening the door, " . . . Y/N is not here."

"I knew it . . . " I say under my breath, "Nolan's house I'm assuming?"

Damian nods, "if you're trying to talk to them, I wouldn't bother. I bet they're sleeping. Plus I don't think Nolan is in a happy mood."

I look at him, "ok, thanks." I start to leave.

"Hey . . . Do you want to come in?"

I was shocked, "w-what?"

"It's snowing outside and it's cold. I really don't want you to freeze. If you want you could wait for Y/N here. She said she was coming back by lunch."

I hesitate, "are you sure? . . . I don't want to intrude."

He rolls his eyes, "just come in! It's not the first time you've been in my house!"

I nod and go in, "i know, but . . . We haven't really hung out since - "

"Since you decided you didn't want to hang out with us because you found out you are gay?" I have no words, "Jacob, I've known longer than you have. I honestly don't and didn't mind."

"I-I just thought you guys might be disappointed by it or something."

He raises his eyebrow, "are you kidding me? I have to live with drake! He's gayer than James Charles himself!"

"Hey!!!!" Tim yells.

I blush, "are you really ok with it?"

He smiles, "yeah." I don't recall him being so supportive and friendly. I guess Y/N did her magic on him too.

"Thank you. So . . . Friends (again)?"

Damian nods, "friends."

~

Damian and I hang out in his room. We find ourselves telling each other about our lives. Damian has changed since I last talked to him. He seems happier now.

Damian looks at his clock, "Y/N should be back in a couple minutes. Should we wait for her downstairs?"

"Sure." I say.

We walk down, but before we get to the bottom Y/N comes running up the stair crying.

We look at each other and run after her.

"Y/N! Open the door!" Damian yells worried.

Nothing is heard.

I get worried, "what happened?"

Damian backs up, "look out," he tells me.

He bursts the door open and runs to
Y/N. She is on her knees crying. Damian picks her up in his arms and hugs her. I see blood coming down her face.

"Y/N . . . What happened?" I ask.

Damian hugs her anger fills his eyes.
Y/N's face is bleeding a deep cut on her cheek. She tries to talk, but only whimpers come out.

"Nolan . . . I swear, I'll kill him!"

Y/N looks at Damian with pleading eyes, "no, please. He didn't mean to! He was just mad, I made him mad! It was my fault! Don't hurt him, please! I'm ok, see? I'm fine!"

I look at Damian and sadness fills my heart. The boy I'm in love with is not only the boyfriend of my best friend . . . He's also a psychopath.