Chapter 9: Forget About It

Wayne Manor

~ Damian's P.O.V ~

I stare out the window, I had forced myself to stop crying, but I was still hurt inside. Whatever, she was right anyways, she is my father's daughter, making her my sister. It was time for me to stop acting like a child, and go back to who I used to be.

I get up from my bed and go down to the cave. Y/N is in the library, waiting.

"Damian, I'm sorry if I--"

I push past her and play notes on the piano, "forget about it."

I went down the elevator leaving her behind. It hurt me, I've always treated her different, but now I have to treat her like everyone else.

I start training. I'm no longer interested in teaching her how to fight, I'll leave that task to grayson.

"Hey, demon. What's wrong?" Todd asked.

"Nothing."

"Really?. . . Then why are you punching that bag so hard? Your Knuckles are bleeding."

He came over to me and put his hand on my shoulder, " let me clean it up for you. now, what's wrong?"

I sit down with him as he cleans my knuckles, "I told Y/N that I loved her, but she said she only loved me as a brother. It was foolish of me to think that she would feel otherwise. I've treated her differently from everyone else, but I think it's time I treat her like everyone else. It's time to be myself again."

Todd looked at me, " well, I guess I can't tell you what to do. And I know I'm not the best brother, but you shouldn't just push her out of your life, Damian. At least try and talk to her, I know you ignored her before you came here. You didn't know what she was going to say, you're jumping into conclusions too fast. Give her a chance, kid."

He finished cleaning my wound, "thank you, Todd."

He smiled, "you're welcome, demon spawn. You don't have to use my advice, but I think you should try. Try and talk to someone about your problems, don't just try and bottle up your pain . . . Believe me, I know how it feels."

He got up and left. I did want to follow Todd's advice, but I needed some time before talking to Y/N again.