Chapter 13: Beautiful

~ Damian's P.O.V. ~

Kyle had left my room 30 minutes ago. I did want to talk to Y/N, but I didn't know how she'd react. Of course i didn't want to be selfish either.

I sigh as i get up from my bed to go downstairs. When I finally get to the living room, everyone was watching a movie, acting like nothing even happened. I guess I can't complain about it though.

Father and Kyle in a couch, cuddling; Todd, Drake, and Grayson on the floor; cain, Brown, and now Gordon on the long couch; and Y/N sitting in a huge beanbag by herself.

I take the deepest breath ever in history  before I go sit by her.

"Hi . . . " I whisper.

She looks at me, her eyes folded with surprise, "um . . . H-hi!" She whispers back.

I look at the others, seeing that they're too busy minding their own business to notice if Y/N and I snuck out.

I turn my gaze towards Y/N again, "come on, let's go outside!"

She looks taken back for a moment, "right now?"

I nod as I grab her hand in mine. She blushes at the sudden contact and hesitates, but still, she quietly gets up with me and runs outside as i pull her behind me.

We got out of the house, now standing infront of the gates, ". . . Damian? What are you doing?"

She asks as i walk out the gates, "going for a walk, you coming?"

She looks at the sky, "it seems like it's going to be dark in a few minutes."

"Don't tell me you're scared of the dark!" I tease.

She pouts, "i am not!"

She walks out the gate too and we both keep walking.

An awkward silence fills the air as we walk into the cold streets of Gotham. I look at her feeling the need to say something about how I've been treating her.

"Y/N I-"

"I'm sorry, Damian . . . " she says.

I look at her, "sorry? What are you sorry about?"

"For hurting you . . . And for being selfish enough to feel sad, when you're the one suffering. I hurt myself thinking it was the right thing, but instead it was selfish! Because in the end, all everybody cared about was me!  Nobody even bothered to look at you and give you love or attention! A-and i can't help but feel like I am just a bother in your life . . . I can't help but feel like you, you regret saving me that day! And I've been catching feeling for some one else, while you're still here hurting! Plus, on top of that, my friend likes the friend that i like! So, I'm sorry! I'm so sorry . . . Damian! I promise to leave you alone--"

I cut her off by hugging her, "I don't regret a single thing i did, except for leaving you lonely and sad. If anyone is sorry and selfish, it's me. I was only thinking about my feelings and forgot about yours. But now i know that no matter what, i can't leave your side."

She cries onto my shirt as I comfort her.

" . . . I'm still sorry, sorry that I can't return your feelings," she said.

My heart ached, but even so, I'm not letting her go again. One day, maybe she'll feel the same. And even if she doesn't, I'll always be here.

"It alright, jamila."

She looked at me, "what?"

I smile, "that's Arabic for "beautiful" in case you didn't know."

She chuckles, "i didn't, Damian. Thanks for teaching me tho!" She wipes her tears and hugs me again, "te extrañe mucho, Damian."

It's my turn to look Confused, "what was that? Spanish?"

She nods, "it means "i missed you a lot" in case you didn't know."

I smiled, "good one, but we should really get going. We've been sitting on the sidewalk for minutes, people are staring."

She laughs, "I'll race ya!"

She gets up and starts running, soon after I'm running after her. Maybe she won't love me back, but i can always be her friend. Always.