Chapter 18: Ok

~ Nolan's P.O.V. ~

Y/N lays in by bed, my arms around her after a little argument we had. I don't like yelling at her, hurting her, fighting with her. But I just can't stand the thought of anyone else taking her after she's finaly mine. I don't know why, but I just hate when she talks to any other boy that isn't me.

I look at her, she's sleeping peacefully. I love it when she isn't trying to make me happy all the time, she needs to be happy too. Damian took that happiness away from her once, and I will never forgive him. Jacob, well, after he found out about Y/N and I he said he needed some time alone. Y/N insists we go visit him, but I don't want to, I think he likes her and is jealous that we're together and happy!

I put my hand on Y/N's cheek, I love her more than anything, and nothing will ever change that. Not even my past.

~ 8 years ago 3rd person P.O.V. ~

Nolan was just a young boy, seven years old. His mom only 16 when she had him, now 23. His father, a drunk addict, working for one of the most dangerous gangs in Arkham. Their family lived in a little apartment, not kept very well, but it was all they could afford.

Nolan would always play with a little blonde boy who lived across from their home. Some might say Nolan was too young to know what love means, but Nolan knew very well what this meant and he felt it too, with this little boy, this is when Nolan knew he was different.

One day after his father got back from work, something happened that would change Nolan's life forever.

"Maria! My boss is here, he wants to talk to ya!" Nolan's father yelled entering the apartment.

Maria held Nolan in her arms walking towards her husband, "Kevin, you should have told me that you were going to have your boss over. I would have cleaned and got the neighbors to babysit Nolan. "

"Ah, there was no need for that anyways! I am here to talk to both of you! Nolan Miles and Maria Miles."

A man with a nice suit comes in, but when he turns around you can see that his other half of his face is all melted and ugly, his suit is also different.

Maria puts Nolan down, "t-talk about what?"

Nolan takes one look at his father's boss and makes no hesitation in hugging his mom's legs and hiding his face out of fear.

"Well, you see. Your Husband is one of the best people that have worked for me, but it wasn't until recently that i found out about his Family. I believe you're useless for me so I wanted to get rid of you."

Maria holds onto her little boy as she backs up.

The two faced man continues, "but i soon came to the realization that the little boy might actually be a help for this gang. While you, Mrs. Miles, you will just be available for every man in my gang to have fun with."

Kevin steps in, "hey, ain't nobody said anything about that! You can take the kid, but my wife is mine!"

The man rolls his eyes and gets a gun out shooting the father of the young boy.

Maria screamed for her husband, sure he was an alcoholic, but he did support his family.

"Just give me the kid!" The man yells.

Maria steps infront of her kid, protective, "no!!!!"

The two faced man grabs the young woman and throws her into a table. Nolan runs away from the apartment into his friends house.

"Please let me in!" Young Nolan yells.

A blonde woman opens the door and sees the little boy desperate for help. She doesn't hesitate before pulling him into her house and locking the doors.

"Hi sweetie, where are your parents?"

Nolan whipped tears from his eyes, "the two faced man killed them!"

The woman hugged the boy, "the two faced man?"

"Yes! He looks like a monster!"

"Ok, let's call the police, hun."

The boy doesn't leave the blonde woman's side as she walks to the phone. The blonde boy comes out of the corner, "mommy?"

"Jacob! Sweet heart, go get your daddy, this little boy needs our help."

The blond boy glanced at Nolan before running off to find is dad.

~

Nolan was adopted by a new mother, but Nolan never forgot his mom or dad and he denied any other name other than Nolan Miles. The young boy was diagnosed with OCD, he is overprotective and can be aggressive in order to protect anyone he loves from harm.

~ Now ~

Nolan sheds a tear at the memory of his mother, he knows that he never wants for Y/N to end up like her mom.

Y/N looks up at Nolan, "are you ok, baby?"

Nolan nods, "I'm fine, just don't leave, ok?"

"Ok, I'll ask Bruce if I can stay."

Nolan kisses her nose earning a giggle from her, "ok."