Love Isn't Sweet

Enjoy

"Get up,Da!" My younger brother, Timothy, yells from downstairs. I slowly crawl out of my comfy matress. I put on my radio as I pull myself into a shower. I humm to the music as I clean my body and shampoo my golden hair. After the shower, I put on a pair of skinnys and a large hoodie. I place my glasses on properly and head downstairs.

"goood morning!" I chirped as I took a slice of jellied toast.

"Morning." He replied with a mouthfull of cereal.

"Are y'all excited for the first day?!" Linda, our adoptive mother, yelled as she entered the kitchen.

"yeah," We mumbled together.

"Cheer up," She said and made a cup of coffee. "There are a lot of friendly people here."

"Time to go." I said as I looked at my blackberry. Linda nodded and returned to her office or art room. Linda was an artist and got many of her works bought for large amounts of money. Harry, her husband, was the manager of a large restaurant in this town.

My name is Miranda Leonard. I'm a junior in highschool, along with Timothy. We are blood its just that we are 9 months apart. I know kinda creepy. For years we have been through many foster parents. This summer Linda and Harry accepted us.

"Hurry up, Timothy!" I yelled from inside my sleek black car.

"Coming." He said as he ran to my car and jumped in.

"Nervous?" He asked with a shakey voice.

"No. We have been through more 'First Days' than we can count." I said as I drove into the parking lot of the school.

"I know, but people always think weirdly of us. " He replied lamely.

"We will be fine." I said and parked on the side of red-bricked building. I grabbed my backpack from the back seat and went to the office flanked by Tim.

~•~

"Hello?...

yes...

NO I will not be able to send those results...

okay...

yes...

thanks, have a great day." She young lady at the desk said through her phone.

"Sorry. How can I help you?" The lady asked with a calm smile.

"Yea, we need our schedules for class. Miranda and Timothy Leonard." Tim said politely. She nodded and went through a pile of papers to find a copy of our schedule.

"Aha!" She chirped as she got our schedules organized. "Here you go." She handed us our schedule sheets. "If you need anything ask me, Ms. Blakes." She said and returned to her computer screen. Tim gestured towards the exit, signaling to leave to class. I nodded and followed him out of the office to the empty hallways.

"Well see ya at lunch." Tim said as he went left while I went right. It turned out that we have nothing together. Only lunch, sadly.

Hope today is carefree.

~•~

COMMENT

VOTE

EAT APPLES

×CHECK OUT MY OTHER READS×