Love Isn't Sweet (14)

Enjoy

"Miranda Leonard?" Blake asked with a glint of guilt in his eyes.

"Erm... yeah?" I said with a tight smile.

"Last time I saw you-" He paused for a moment and went wide eyed. "You took your true appearance." He stated with a frown. "I thought you moved further." He whispered to himself.

"Yeah," I said awkwardly.

"Do y'all know each other?" Kaiden asked accusingly.

"Yeah, he was my neighbor in my last town." I said quickly and glared at Blake to warn him not open his trap. He nodded in agreement to not tell Kaiden of our relationship

"Who is your parent?" Blake asked and took a sip of his soda.

I gave a questioning look to Kaiden because I didn't know if I could trust him. I know that he knows of the greek stuff, but was he honestly the best person to tell?

"I'm a son of Zeus. You can tell me." Blake said as though he read my thoughts.

"Okay?" I said still not certain of Blake. "I'm the daughter of Athneia and Hercules." I said proudly.

"Really?" He asked wide-eyed. I nodded and heard a rumble. Kaiden chuckled and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I guess your hungry. Lets go to my uncle, he could fix up something that can cure the rumbles." He said with a wide smile. He led me to a bald man with an apron on. He was in his 40's and had noticeable laugh lines. He turned to me and brightened up immediately.

"Kaiden, who is this pretty lady?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"This is my girlfriend, Miranda. Miranda this is my Uncle, Joe. He can make the best burgers on the planet." He said proudly.

"I don't know 'bout that, but I can make 'em good. I bet y'all are starved. Go sit by Hannah and I will make y'all something." He said quickly and returned to the grill. Kaiden and I walked to the table that Hannah and other teens sat at.

"Hey, Mimi!" Hannah waved happily as she saw us walking towards her. "Where have you been? Ever since the whole 'argument' in our living room, Kaiden had been in the dumps. Now! Now he is happy and glowing! That is a record!" Hannah exclaimed happily which caused me to chuckle and eye Kaiden weirdly.

"Your burgers. Hope you enjoy Miranda." Joe said and placed our paper plates infront of us. We laughed and had a GREAT time, but I kept feeling a intense stare was constantly on me that night.

VOTE

COMMENT

CHECK OUT MY OTHER READS