Bravery

Estarossa led Elizabeth through a castle. It was dark and smelled dusty, as if it was old. Regardless, Elizabeth kept her act together.

"By the way, Princess," Estarossa said. "You won't be able to escape like you planned."

"I- huh? How did you-"

"You expected me to believe that you'd truly stay here? Given how you acted when I chained you up, I doubted you were telling the truth."

"Then why did you release me?"

"Because I didn't want you to suffer anymore."

"If that was the case, you'd leave me and Meliodas be. Estarossa- I mean, Mael, I don't love you. You're just going have to accept that and move on! I'm sorry, it's just not going to happen. All you're doing is hurting me- and yourself."

"You don't know anything." Estarossa said, obviously angry. He grabbed her arm and started dragging her down a long hallway.

"Stop this!" She exclaimed, opening her wings and slapping his hand off. She tried to fly away, but he grabbed her ankle before she could get away.

"Like I said before, you won't be able to escape as you planned. Your best option is to just comply with what I say, otherwise, I'll have to make your friends pay for your actions."

Elizabeth sighed. She didn't want anything to happen to the others, so she had no option but to do as he said. She landed after he let go of her ankle and followed him down the hallway silently. Eventually, they reached her bedroom. The door was very large and had a black doorway. The actual door had a distinct design of a dragon, which reminded her of Meliodas.

"Well, get in there. I'll be locking the door so you don't pull a fast one again." Estarossa said, practically throwing her into the room. She stumbled in and fell to the ground.

"Sorry about that. I'll be back later." Estarossa said with a smirk before he closed the door. Elizabeth heard the lock as she stood up.

"Well, that's that." She whispered. She looked around the room. The room was extremely large. It was dark, but light enough for her to see. It smelled like.. Meliodas? A distinct scent of cologne lingered in the air, the kind Meliodas wore, which made her smile. (just pretend they wore cologne back then.) This must have been his room at some point. The bed looked similar to the one she had 3000 years ago when she lived among the other goddesses, but this one was black with grey pillows.

"Must've been popular with the demons." She said. Then she noticed two large windows. She looked back at the door before running to them. She quickly pushed one open.

"I could escape.." She whispered before coming to a sudden realization. She sighed in defeat.

"I couldn't. I'm in the demon realm and it's nearly impossible to get back to the human world from here without the assistance of a demon. And I doubt anyone would comply, here." She said, laying down on the bed and snuggling into the pillows.

"It's okay, Ellie. Meliodas will save you." She thought to herself before drifting to sleep.

___________________________________

"I wonder how the captain is doing. This has got to be hard for him." King said.

It's been a few hours, and Meliodas hasn't came back downstairs. He's been too busy mourning Elizabeth. Though she isn't dead, he still feels as if he's lost her. It's just not the same without her around.

"I'll go check on him." Erina said as she stood up.
"Erina, you can't! You saw what happened to Diane!" Ira stated.
"Even so, he's still our friend. I'm not just gonna stand here and let him suffer. He needs help."

With that said, Erina headed upstairs to Meliodas' and Elizabeth's room. She knocked on the door but didn't hear a response.

"Sir Meliodas? It's Erina. May I come in?" She said. She heard a quiet mumble saying "sure", so she opened the door and peeked in before fully entering. Meliodas was sitting on the edge of the bed gripping his hair.

"Meliodas, I'm truly sorry. I know it must be hard losing her again, but-"

"Again? How'd you find out about her death?" He asked worriedly.

"Well, she told me." She said, sitting down next to him.
"Look, I know it's hard. But I promise, we'll find her. Elizabeth is strong, you and I both know that. She wouldn't give in to anyone without a fight."

Meliodas sighed. "I know. That's what I love about her."

Erina giggled. "You really love her, don't you?"

"Yeah." He smiled.

"Then use that love to fight for her. We can't get anything done if our friend is up here mourning his lover." She smiled and playfully punched his shoulder. Meliodas stood up shortly after Erina did.

"I guess you're right, thanks. Let's go find her."

-
okay, i know i said i was taking a break but i got inspired and just had to write before i lost my inspiration.

i'm doing slightly better now. i've been trying to be positive all day but it's hard 😩

anyways, i hope y'all enjoyed!