The Author Takes Another Trip

A/N: these chapters are my distress, get ideas out chapters. Don't like self insert? Don't read it.

This is also just mindless nonsense so, yeah.

..............

"Savannah, its time to go home," a girl nudged, poking her sleeping friend. That girl in particular jolted, body stiffening as the bell rang loudly in their ears.

The girl... Savannah, groaners, But did turn to her friend, "thanks Alyssa. Can't miss the bus home." The girl got up, yanking her backpack over her shoulder as the pair walked out of class.

"So, it's been awhile since you updated anything on Wattpad besides personal works," Alyssa mused as they joined the messy throng of students in the hallways.

Savannah sighed, shrugging, "I don't know if it's because I'm a senior or because I'm losing motivation, but one shots and fan fiction writing isn't really making me happy anymore, you know? I want to focus on my own stories and my own characters."

Her friend seemed to understand, nodding. "Makes sense. Anyways, you free to hang out this weekend?"

"Sadly no..." the girl sighed. "I have to start packing soon."

"Right." Alyssa agreed, "but take some time to relax. Maybe don't procrastinate as often?"

"Yeah right."

The pair started to walk down a set of stairs, laughing as they did so. It took a few more seconds to get outside and Savannah smiles, wearily looking at her friend Alyssa, and her approaching best friend, Zach. She loved both of them, but sometimes it was easy to see they really preferred the other's company. It was a couple thing, so Savannah couldn't really be mad about it.

Her friends were happy, so no harm.

It did however make her lonely heart ache a bit. She had opportunities for love, but really, she didn't care for them. Not because the people weren't sweet, That's wasn't it, but because she just knew she couldn't put her heart into it.

So, she's be fine.

The trio walked to the busses, each parting when their bus came into view. Zach and Savannah giving each other the one finger salute as they parted.

Good times.

Savannah took her usual spot on the bus behind her bus friend Jon, the two chatting about their days and the. Savannah mindlessly checking her phone.

She clicked on Wattpad, seeing she had notifications for her one shots and sighed, all likes or comments that she had already answered.

But...

Someone sent her a message.

Her honey brown eyes jumped to it, seeing an unknown user.

She clicked on it and found a message she's seen before, just a bit... different.

Let your heart breathe and come back.

She was confused at the message as the bus jolted to a stop at her subdivision. She quickly shoved her phone in her pocket and grabbed her things, getting off with Jon.

They chatted some more about games before parting and heading to their own separate homes. Savannah checked the mail, finding junk that she fished out, seeing all the mail addresses to her mom, her dad, and the occasional college letter from schools she didn't want to attend, all for herself.

She went inside and gave the mail to her mom and headed to her room, dropping her things off before going to open her door so she could head downstairs.