Chapter 4

Third POV. 

"The bleeding has stopped, but it's deep. He really bit into you." Kaname said while his fingers grazed over her wound. When he pulled away, he could see deep thought in her beautiful eyes. Then he noticed her clenched jaw and asked. "Yuna, does it hurt?" She shook her head.

"Are you scared of vampires now?" He asked as she stuttered slightly. Yuna just shook her head, the determination slowly filling her body once again. A knock is what pulled them out of their conversation. It was her Papa, he asked for Kaname to go back, the night class will be getting angsty with the scent of Yuna's blood wafting around. 

Kaname nodded and began to leave. But Yuna's hand shot out towards him. "Kana..." She trailed off, but stood up on wobbly feet and hugged him. Her head rested on his chest, she listened to his heartbeat. It lulled her into a sense of calmness. "Be careful, Kana." He nodded and lightly patted her hair. Then pulled away and left. She sat down as Kaien came over.

He put a bandage over her neck and said "I took Zero to his room at the dormitory. He has calmed down." He pulled away once the bandage was placed firmly on her neck. He stood up and spoke calmly. "You must be shocked that this was kept from you and Yuki for so long... I'm sorry that it turned out like this, Yuna."

"How could I have not knew about Zero's pain? I never even though of the possibility of him being one, god how could I have been so selfish? I thought I knew lots about him, but clearly not." She spoke out, running a hand roughly through her damp hair.

"He is human... At least originally."

"Originally?" Yuna asked, slightly touching her bandaged neck, the memory of Zero biting her still fresh in her brain. The phantom feeling of his fangs in her neck was still there. She could still hear his gulping of her blood.

"Four years ago, a vampire attacked the Kiryu family. His parents and younger twin brother were killed." Yuna gasped slightly, she couldn't imagine a world without Yuki. "And Zero barely survived. When he was found, he had deep fang marks on his neck."

A cold flush went through Yuna, Zero's whole family and been killed by a vampire. But he was turned into one, by the same one who killed his family. "So he's now a Vampire, but how? I know getting bit by one doesn't change you, you told me so, Papa."

"There are vampires who can turn humans into their kind." he spoke while touching her bandage. "Just a handful of them, vampires known as 'Purebloods'" Yuna gasped, Kaname's a Pureblood. She remembers Zero trying to stab him while calling him it. Oh poor Zero, seeing Kaname must have been like pouring salt into the wound.

Yuna just sighed and hugged into Kaien. He rubbed her head and held her closely.

Yuna left the infirmary, and was walking past Kaien's office. She heard Kaname speak. "How long do you intend to keep him in Day Class?"

"Oh well... A student has never been transferred from Day class to Night class." Kaien spoke calmly, Yuna put her ear against the door.

"Who cares about precedents? In this case, you have no choice but to transfer Zero Kiryu to our side." Shocked at the idea, Yuna ran away. She went to her dorm to sleep it over.

Yuki was shocked when she found out, so in class, she was talking to Yori for Yuna, because she was so tired. She barely slept, she was too worried about Zero. But Yuna looked around, and saw that Zero wasn't there, she ran out of the classroom. Yuki had her back and made up some excuse.

Yuna ran. She ran as fast as she could, she needed to make sure that Zero wasn't already in the Night class. She knew that Zero would never live with himself if he was. When she entered the entrance to the Night class, the creepy old man told her that she was the second one that day. He let her through, and she nodded in gratitude.