Chapter 8

Third POV.

Yuna and Zero had to go collect Takuma's granddad. So they walked towards the Night Class dorm, hand in hand. She needed the reassurance of Zero being there, she knew how powerful the older man was, and how important his donations were to the school. So, when they arrived, she knocked on the door. As it opened, she instantly spoke and rushed out. 

"Cross Academy is peaceful! S-so please continue your generous donations. Those are Papa's words. You're Takuma's grandfather, right? We've come to escort you!" Yuna said while smiling at the older man.

"We'll take you to the Headmaster's office." Zero said.

"Fine." Yeah, Yuna didn't like him, he was rude. And how cold his eyes were made her uncomfortable.

"Ichio." A voice was heard from above. Yuna looked up and saw that it was Kaname.

"Kuran!" Now that they had made up, Yuna was bursting with happiness to see him again, but she didn't let it show. The man in front of her made her feel something in her stomach, she did not want to be seen as a weakness for her Kana.

"I look forward to seeing you again." He smiled, but in his eyes he was glad Yuna was being sensible, he was glad she was using her head for once.

"As do I. Excuse me." The man left with Zero, Yuna was left standing staring at Kaname.

"Yuna. Good work."

"T-thank you for yesterday Kana, and Zero. I'll thank him later though." She winked at him, her playfulness always managed to shock Kaname. Before he could say anything, Yuna ran to catch up with Zero.

Yuna was getting ready for her nightly shower, she had all of her necessities. So when she entered the bathroom, she was shocked to see Zero.

"Knock at least." He said while looking at her, Yuna blushed in embarrassment.

"You're guilty of the same thing too. Next time, hang a towel on the door. The lock is broken." She went to touch the door, but realised that there was in fact, a towel on the door. Her cheeks lit up in embarrassment.

"I wonder what Kaname Kuran wants to do with you..." After seeing Yuna's confused face he carried on with a "No... Never mind." He began unbuttoning his shirt. "Just get out."

"Zero, are you still pissed with what happened earlier? Well I meant what I said, I would happily give my blood to you! I just want what's best for you, you idiot!" He grabbed Yuna by the wrists and forced her against the wall. The shock of her back left her trembling slightly.

"Are you stupid? You're the one who needs to be prepared to give your blood out to me." He walked away from her, and took of his shirt. She angrily walked in front of his chest, and pushed him against the wall. She took off her blazer and ribbon, and unbuttoned the buttons on her shirt. She grabbed his face an pushed it into the crook of her neck. He just shook his head and said. "Not today, Yuna." She could tell that he didn't need it, so she nodded and held him for a few moments.

"I'll always be prepared for you, Zero. I'll be by your side forever." She kissed him on his cheek and left.

Yuna saw Zero leave the next day, usually she wouldn't have been worried. But, it gave her a bad feeling, so she followed him, making sure she had all of her weapons. When Zero arrived at an abandoned building, she waited a few moments and left the tree. She saw Rima and Senri, both of them under a umbrella. "Rima, Senri!"

A gunshot was heard, Yuna had tapped her bracelet and allowed Apollo to come out. She ran towards the sound and found a lone man sitting on the staircase. His voice was scratchy, just like the little boy she had to kill. "Oh, are you the Hunter's companion? Do you intend to steal my dssert too?" She felt anger flow through her veins, she notched an arrow and pulled back. Before she could let go, she felt a hand softly touch her head, rubbing in gentle circles. "You're in the way" Senri said as he bit into his finger.

The blood began to flow, and turned into a powerful whip. As he went to hit the Level E, he jumped out of the way. This repeated for a few more times until he was no longer there. "Huh? He got away?" Senri asked rhetorically.

"What're you doing? Hurry it up." Rima said.

"I don't like playing chase."

"I don't care, just go after him." Yuna grew annoyed and ran ahead

Just as she was walking along a corridor, someone grabbed her leg, Apollo falling from her grasp. She sighed in annoyance, but an maniacal laugh was heard from the person holding her leg. "I'm in luck today. You're my second one!" Yuna just rolled her eyes and reached for her gun under her skirt, Riptide would not work well enough for this job. "Don't be scared. I'll be gentle." Just as she got out her gun, a gunshot was heard. The crazy Level E was shot.

"Don't touch her with your filthy hands." Yuna shook herself, and stood next to Zero, both of their guns pointed at the beast. "This stupid chase ends here. I was given an order as a Vampire hunter... For the serial murders you have committed as a vampire, I shall purge you of you sins." He pushed Yuna out of the way, he wanted to be the one to end his life for ever touching Yuna.

"So its over, huh? But... I won't have to kill anymore humans." She watched as the man turned into dust as Zero shot him. She just sighed sadly and turned Apollo back into a bracelet and put her gun back in her holster, next to the one Zero gave her.

"Hey disciplinary committee, we picked up a girl over there. What do you want to do? She's still alive." Yuna just walked over to Zero, grasped his hand gently and asked Senri to lay her on the floor. She undid her ribbon on her uniform, and wrapped it gently around the girl's neck. After checking for other marks, she nodded to Senri who picked up the girl without any hesitation.