Chapter 17

Third POV.

As Yuna got ready to go on duty, she kept on seeing blood everywhere. On herself, her bed, the door, the floor. Everywhere. The only thing keeping her stable was the present Kaname got her and a teddy that she got from Zero and Yuki before she moved to America. 

"What was that?" She asked herself while opening the door, the blood felt too real. She just shuddered and walked out of the room.

"This isn't real, it's all an illusion." Yuna said to herself as she saw blood on her hand.

"You thinks so?" Something said in her head, it sounded like the person who made her think back to when she was little. "You always..." Yuna saw blood being splashed on the wall "Just like that..." It was the same woman again, blood on her face.

"Stop..." She whimpered clutching her head in pain.

"Hurt someone... precious to you." 

She breathes out a sigh of relief, the pain was gone as well as the woman's voice. Noticing someone behind her, Yuna pulled Riptide and went to attack. Kaname caught the weapon before she hurt him, it only pulsed around him in protest.

"Yuna."

"Kaname..." She cried out in guilt. He pulled the swords from her grip and dropped them to the floor. He grabbed her and pulled her into a hug

"What are you so afraid of? Calm down, Yuna." He said into her ear. She was stood limp.

"I'm s-sorry." She stuttered in fear. "I'm so sorry, Kaname." 

"It's all right. It's all right." He rubbed her tousled brown locks.

"I'm sorry." She gripped his uniform tightly, making sure that he was real, not a figment of her imagination.

"Yuna... What was it that you couldn't talk about in front of the others?" He asked gently, he didn't want to scare her even more than she was. She pulled back to look at him in the eye, her hand was still grasping his blazer.

"I wanted to ask you something." She mumbled, still feeling guilt about what she had just done. "Kaname... why were you there on that snowy day?" She hesitated to ask the rest. He put a hand gently on her face, his lonely eyes looking at her.

"It's all right. Whatever you ask, it won't change the way I feel towards you." Yuna blushed while looking at him. "I've never come right out and told you... But you understand, don't you, Yuna?" He pulled her in for another hug.

"I love you." He said gently in her ear. "More than anything in the world, if I could, I would take away all your worries." He kissed her gently on the cheek and walked away.

"What's wrong, Yuna?" Zero asked as he saw her sitting on the ground, her two swords around her. 

"I couldn't. When I faced Kaname I couldn't ask him what I needed to ask." She said while thinking of what he said to her. Does she love him? Of course she does, but she also loves the silver haired boy next to her. She could never choose, so why can't she have both? For some reason the thought should disgust her, but it only makes her feel happy and whole, imagining a world surrounded by the two of the people she loves the most.

"Don't be hasty." Zero said. Would she act on these feelings? Yes. She's confident to act on it, she knows Zero loves her, just like Kaname. Plus, she's acted on them before. And she couldn't imagine a world of one without the other, so she will be with both. She knows deep down, that the two men know it too. They know that they won't be able to be with her, without the other one. "There will be a time when you can ask him. Okay?"