Chapter 10

Third POV.

Yuna woke up with a cold. She had a massive headache, a sore body and a fever. So when she was doing her thing, her head was pounding. She was barely focusing on what Zero and Yuki were saying to each other. All she could do was lean against Zero, and try to stay cool. If only Hana was there to cool her down.

So when the doors opened, Yuna just stood still, luckily there weren't a lot of people there to attack the night class. As they were walking past, Yuna just ignored them. But she did notice when Zero tensed up slightly when Maria was walking past, Yuna just held his hand.

Maria stopped in front of Yuna, and went to touch her red cheeks. But before she could, Zero pulled her away. Yuna just let him pull her, she had no energy to fight back. "Zero, I don't feel so good." She said as dots were fogging her vision. He quickly grabbed her as she fell. 

Yuna woke up feeling slightly better, she went out to look for Zero and say thank you for helping her. So when she was walking she heard Maria's voice. "I'm impressed that you can recognise me even though my appearance is different... Zero. As the one who stole your life as a human." Yuna barely managed to stifle her gasp, oh she hated this person even more now. She was the one to turn Zero into what he is today. She killed his whole family, oh she couldn't wait to get her revenge.

Yuna noticed Maria pull out a sword, Yuna began to shout out his name, but a hand covered her face. She was knocked unconscious, and all of her memories of that night were erased.

Yuna was still in bed most of the next day, so she didn't do her exams. Not that it mattered anyway, she basically finished school back in America. So she wasn't all that worried anyway. 

Her head was still fuzzy, but she managed to get out of bed and seek out Yuki and Zero, she wanted to know how their test went. When she was walking, she noticed Kaname and Takuma walking. Kaname stopped and said, "Hello Yuna."

"Kana?" He led them to the pool. "Is something wrong? I mean look at the time..." She trailed off, her head was still fuzzy.

"I wanted to discuss the ball with you. You're going aren't you?" Yuna nodded and smiled. 

"Yeah, I've been asked to patrol it with Yuki and Zero."

"I don't mean that." She tilted her head to the side and looked at him. Then, she slowly began to realise what he meant.

"But I don't have anything to wear... And my duties too." She was embarrassed at her lame excuse.

"We danced together a lot when we were kids."

"Yes, I was good at dancing, because of gymnastics. But Yuki was really bad, you always had to help guide her." She giggled at the memory.

"Both of you were so precious. I wanted to be at your side all the time protecting you. I don't want to see you get hurt."

"Kana?" He walked over to her and pushed a small amount of hair out of her face. "Don't worry, you have me." Takuma interrupted their small moment by saying that they had to go. Kaname said he would see Yuna at the ball, she just nodded and smiled.

As Yuna was walking back to her dorm, she saw a small cat. It rubbed up against her, so she lent down an began to pet it, cats and dogs were always her weakness. 

"You're so cold Yuna." Maria spoke, Yuna just glared at her, she had a bad feeling about her that she couldn't explain. "To have forgotten that child when he thinks about you so much." She kept on walking closer.

"Child?" Yuna said while standing up, going to rub her wrist. She would be able to summon Apollo just in case.

"He's always by your side."